JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bouight a Smittybilt XRC rear Bumper. There doesnt seam to be any room for adjustment. The bumper touches on the back corner of the jeep fender. Has anyone else put the XRC on there jeep and had any problems? I have a 09 unlimited X 4 door. Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Mine would adjust for that. But you need to make sure all of the bolts are loose.

Sent via paper airplane

· Registered
2,600 Posts
I bouight a Smittybilt XRC rear Bumper. There doesnt seam to be any room for adjustment. The bumper touches on the back corner of the jeep fender. Has anyone else put the XRC on there jeep and had any problems? I have a 09 unlimited X 4 door. Thanks
Question did you put it on or you payed someone

If you put it on then the bracket that goes inside the frame could be in wrong and that is what's pushing it up

If you didn't put the bumper on then I guess you will have to take it off to make sure it was done right

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question did you put it on or you payed someone

If you put it on then the bracket that goes inside the frame could be in wrong and that is what's pushing it up

If you didn't put the bumper on then I guess you will have to take it off to make sure it was done right
Ya, I put it no myself, The bracket on the inside of the frame is have facing down, That is the L is going down. From the botton of the tailgate to the bumper I have like 1/4inch, is that correct?

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Smitty doesn't have the best QC. My bumper only clears by about 1/4". I have smacked it on the rocks hard several times which have flexed it into the body. My rear corners both have chips/body deflection.

I have heard of people putting a couple thick washers between the body mounts and body on the rear to get a little more clearance.... Or you could grind the bumper down to fit better.

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
i also had some bumping of the tub. i tightened my bolts going through the frame and all was good. how any got loose is beyond me

i have to say their customer service is good if you just can't get it figured out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.