JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting 6 months for them to finally start shipping, I got my Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper last month. I've had a couple of requests for pictures and haven't posted any here, so I'll do it now. The bumper is definitely well made. It weighs 110lb and bolts to the factory frame horn locations, as well as bolting to the front frame "crossmember" piece that runs between the frame rails. I haven't decided if I'm going to hack off the outer tubing (and leave the winch hoop) to make a stubby out of it or not.

The whole album is here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v326/lrc4x4/Superlift 11-23-2007/?start=all

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks good...I really like SRC's TJ version of this bumper.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't decided if I'm going to hack off the outer tubing (and leave the winch hoop) to make a stubby out of it or not.
May I ask why?
From the pictures, it looks like the outer tubing is far enough out of the way that if something touches it, you would want it.

Damn good looking rig, by the way.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hey RedRockJK...if I remember correctly, you mentioned in another post that you ordered the Smittybilt rear bumper with tire carrier. Did you ever get it? Just wondering what your opinion is about it.

Awesome Jeep by the way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May I ask why?
From the pictures, it looks like the outer tubing is far enough out of the way that if something touches it, you would want it.

Damn good looking rig, by the way.
Thanks bro. I guess I am kind of a fan of the stubby look. I am leaving this bumper alone for a while to see how it grows on me. I really like it as-is, just curious what it would look like with the outer tubing cut off. Someone did a photoshop of this bumper on my JK a while back before I ever got it, and I photoshopped that into a stubby. Here's an idea what it would look like stubbified.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey RedRockJK...if I remember correctly, you mentioned in another post that you ordered the Smittybilt rear bumper with tire carrier. Did you ever get it? Just wondering what your opinion is about it.

Awesome Jeep by the way.
Thanks again. My rear bumper/tire carrier is still on order. I also ordered it in May, and Smittybilt is still not shipping the part number I ordered.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i liked the SmittyBuilt bumpers and was ready to order but i wanted a Winch right away so i went ahead with the plate. Now i would love to buy one but funds are two low. Hopefully one day I can upgrade. Post pics of the rear bumper when you get it. Im most interested in that one

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm also waiting for my src rear with tire carrier and smittybilt e-mailed a june shipping date for those. If you are running a stock front bumper replace it. I don't care with what just get that thing of your vehicle. I really think the bumper on my '78 rabbit was stronger than the one I pulled off of my jk.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same bumper on my JK and it touches my fender flares, yours sits alot lower than mine...will try to post picks soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts