JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new on here so bear with me, please. I'm looking at upgrading my front bumper and like the idea of being able to "design" a bumper to my specs; like with the Smittybilt and Quadratech MOD bumpers. I really like the look of the Smittybilt version, but haven't read any reviews on it. Just curious as to if anyone on here has run with that style bumper and if there are any pros/cons with it. Money is a huge factor, I cant spend more than $500 on a bumper. Im also looking at adding a stinger to it, and want to know thoughts on running a strict stinger bumper as to a MOD stinger bumper. Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Im new on here so bear with me, please. I'm looking at upgrading my front bumper and like the idea of being able to "design" a bumper to my specs; like with the Smittybilt and Quadratech MOD bumpers. I really like the look of the Smittybilt version, but haven't read any reviews on it. Just curious as to if anyone on here has run with that style bumper and if there are any pros/cons with it. Money is a huge factor, I cant spend more than $500 on a bumper. Im also looking at adding a stinger to it, and want to know thoughts on running a strict stinger bumper as to a MOD stinger bumper. Thanks in advance!!
Welcome to the forum!

I think a modular bumper would be perfect for what you're talking about. You can get the center section now and upgrade/add on stuff the stinger, ends and winch down the road!

Rugged Ridge makes a nice Modular Bumper. It's there XHD line. There are a few other choices out there as well but there seem to be quite a few add-ons for the Rugged Ridge one.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

-Ryan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

I think a modular bumper would be perfect for what you're talking about. You can get the center section now and upgrade/add on stuff the stinger, ends and winch down the road!

Rugged Ridge makes a nice Modular Bumper. It's there XHD line. There are a few other choices out there as well but there seem to be quite a few add-ons for the Rugged Ridge one.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

-Ryan
Thanks for the info. Got a few things to research before I pull the trigger. Also need to find out if I should upgrade to 4.10 or 4.56 gears. I have 3.21 now and 6th gear is useless. Need to find out what it will take to put those gears in a Dana 30 JK and Dana 44 JK.

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
I have the Smitty MOD bumper and am very happy. I'm sure the stinger won't be nearly as strong as a bumper built with a welded stinger. Most people on here hate Smitty stuff, but I'm very happy. It bolted up perfect, and is holding up great. Check out the prices with vendors here on the forum before you buy anything. You will find their prices and customer service top notch.

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Posted yesterday on this. If it wasn't for the price error on Amazon. I would have probably chose a different and more expensive bumper. Received and installed the RR XHD and it's actually a well made bumper. Only a little rust around the bolts but the finish is nice. Bolted up with no issues and I liked how I can use the factory lighting. I like the stubby look so I don't plan on adding anything besides a winch.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1385832237.423912.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts