JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beer:It's nothing severe. It just shakes ever so slightly at idle. Does anyone have this problem? I've only got 6k on it so let me know guys. Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
I notice something like that. It feels almost like a very faint driveline vibration would feel expcept the vehicle is standing still.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine does it to feels like a slight engine miss. Had the dealer look at it and they found no problems but i am going to put some better plugs in it this weekend to see if that helps

·
Registered
827 Posts
Since day one, mine likes to drop rpm when at idle. It will drop down to about 300-400 rpm and then kick back up to normal very quickly. It almost stalls out. Dealer has never found a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's funny. I came here to post about just this issue.

Mine does that only at idle and only sometimes. Could it be bad gas? Because it does not do it everytime,only sometimes. And it is not servere. I would be interested to know about the plug replacement from above. Please post results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well it's good to know that im not the only one this happens too. it's nothing severe though, just very slight. well keep me posted fellas. let me know if you guys find out any new info on this problem. thanks for the replies! :smokin:

PBACH im not sure about you other guys, but i don't have any rpm issues (dropping at idle, or kicking back up) you should probably get that looked at bro. just my 2 cents. thanks for the reply though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice something like that. It feels almost like a very faint driveline vibration would feel expcept the vehicle is standing still.
that's exactly how mine feels too. i guess that may be a normal thing eh? oh well..

·
Registered
74 Posts
changing plugs did nothing ;) but figured it was worth a shot

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Since day one, mine likes to drop rpm when at idle. It will drop down to about 300-400 rpm and then kick back up to normal very quickly. It almost stalls out. Dealer has never found a problem.
My TJ did that a lot. I changed the plugs...no difference. Then one day the RPMs dropped and it stalled. Turned out to be the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Mine doesn't shake at idle, but every so often when at idle the rpm will drop down to 300 rpm or so and it feels like it is going to stall, but never does.

·
Registered
314 Posts
when I lug mine out in 4lo and it gets to 400rpm it will try to stall then keep running for about 10 seconds coughing and missfiring or crossfiring or some sh!t then it will stall. No matter if I give it gas or not it will still stall. Damn electronics don't like under 400 rpms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it seems this thread has gone off topic. lol. but i guess its all good. once again the topic was shimmy at idle, not drop in rpm/stall/etc.... :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine doesn't shake at idle, but every so often when at idle the rpm will drop down to 300 rpm or so and it feels like it is going to stall, but never does.
it's not a "shake". it is so minimal that you have to really sit there and try to feel it. and once again it doesn't feel like it's going to stall either, just the slight shimmy! thanks anyways though... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just took mine in for the same thing(idling rough and stalls). it turned out to be the upper O2 sensors. they said that my engine was running out of parameters. they replaced the O2 sensors under warranty. i only have 9000 mi on an 08.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Idle shimmy

My new J/K does the same thing. I think it is normal in the 3.8 V engines. My last Jeep had the 4.0 and it was incredably smooth at idle.
:grinpimp:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a 2009 JK, and mine does the same thing. It is a slight shake or shimmy while in park. It isn't constant and it is difficult to establish a pattern.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts