JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JCR Offroad has released some new sliders at a very appealing price point.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JKSld/JK-SLD-C-2D.html

I have one concern with them though, and that is that they mount to the frame/body mounts like the ACE sliders, but they also bolt to the pinch seam. They claim this makes them very solid and they don't flex. My concern though is tying the frame and body together like this. I always thought it was not a good idea to tie the frame and body together as the body and frame flex differently. Thoughts?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
It is true that you really don't want anything that ties the tub to the frame. Teraflex stopped making standard tire swings for this reason. I saw on Dozercon where he was taking some whoops and Joe came down hard. The pinch seam in the rear wheel well bashed the top of the air bump and mashed the seam upward approximately 3/8 of an inch.

I don't believe these sliders tie in like that. I am anxious to see some underside pictures, if they stay on the tub side, i'm sold!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not real sure you would notice it that much. The body mounts are pretty small (1-2" poly/rubber), so adding more rigidity(?) to the body may not hurt. If anything, it may give the driver/rider a rougher ride.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I have used frame/body tied sliders before, they are horrid riding. They are significantly noticeable.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
If they used the two smaller bushing mount bolts and the pinch seam, then that is a shitty design. If they used the main center bolt and the seam, then that is okay because the center mount bolt moves with the body.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
PSC's has a version that now bolts to the frame.!
HaHa...Thanks to me this is an item they now manufacture. I have the first set custom made for me. The final design has changed from the original a little and mine were built to be welded on.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The body mount bolts move with the rubber bushing and tub, and that is where our sliders pinch between. They move with the tub as it vibrates and flexes, not with the frame. It's the same concept as our other sliders.

Illustration stole from Google image search.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for chiming in! That's awesome. Can you post up some pictures of how they look mounted from underneath when you get a chance?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
The body mount bolts moves with the rubber bushing and tub, and that is where our sliders pinch between. They move with the tub as it vibrates and flexes, not with the frame. It's the same concept as our other sliders.

Illustration stole from Google image search.
Kind of what I thought. These just moved up to the second place on my short list.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Wheels and tires.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I love the looks, was hoping they mounted like shrockworks to the frame.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered these exact same sliders for the 4-door this weekend. (along with front and rear bumper).

I was concerned about the pinch seam thing as well, but my mind is certainly eased. I will post up pictures once I get.

Apparently Im one of those Nov/Dec orders that JCR was talking about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts