JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric of Skidrow Offroad wants me to come up to install the LCA & Canister Skids & take some pictures(the LCA Skid is for the last test fit)))...as soon as I can get the pictures & price of these items I'll post them. Also we're finishing up the Front Stubby Bumper with Winch Plate. Info for that should be coming real real soon.:D

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Eric of Skidrow Offroad wants me to come up to install the LCA & Canister Skids & take some pictures(the LCA Skid is for the last test fit)))...as soon as I can get the pictures & price of these items I'll post them. Also we're finishing up the Front Stubby Bumper with Winch Plate. Info for that should be coming real real soon.:D
I have the engine/tranny skid. I'm curious about the evap canister skid. Do you know if he's working on a transfer case skid ?

P.S. Saw a picture of your JK in a thread somewhere. Very nice rig.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I've been waiting for that evap skid to come out...seems like a simple proposition...what's taking so long?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
what would you prefer relocating the canister or the skid? It's a dilema I'm working through.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Relocating it. I am going to do this, but worried about throwing a code, my dealer is such an A$$ I hesitate moving it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be there Saturday all day, installing Canister Skid, the LCA Skid is a final fit, & will be in production ASAP. As for the Transfer Case Skid, I'll mention this but he already had mine off & made drawings, so he's going to make one. Doing a lot of Stubby finalization to get it out there.
I'll try to post pictures of both Skids installed & get a ball park price on both.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Is that evap skid a bolt on like the Rock Hard, and if so, what is the difference?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim, mind if I ask where? The reason I'm asking is because I'll be in Central PA this weekend and would like to swing by and see this skid if it is not to far out of the way.
He's located close to Shermans Dale, Pa......pretty far out in the country. He's actually not open on Sat / Sun, that's why he can get me in there & get some serious R&D done. I don't see why he would have a problem with that, but I wouldn't no where his heads at on that one and wouldn't want to make that call. You could give him a call & mention the Canaster Skid and you would like to maybe shoot up there Saturday & take a look.
Ther're all great bunch a folks..
[email protected]
"Eric",.......717.582.3640

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
what would you prefer relocating the canister or the skid? It's a dilema I'm working through.
Relocating it. I am going to do this, but worried about throwing a code, my dealer is such an A$$ I hesitate moving it.
I moved the evap canister using the 4xFiX kit that Woods has produced. It was an easy install and I had no issues with any codes or whatnot. If I can do it, anyone can do it! :laughing:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm on the fence too... Looks like 4xfix.com (Wood's) relo kit is $100 now (same price as the RockHard skid), so I think I'll just skid mine. Anxious to see what the SkidRow version looks like :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OBTW - Didn't want to thread hijack. I'm interested in seeing the LCA skids when you can post them up. :)
You Hijacker you,.:D "No Sweat GI", a lot of threads get off course but for mostly all good reasons,.....:beer:

·
Registered
271 Posts
He's located close to Shermans Dale, Pa......pretty far out in the country. He's actually not open on Sat / Sun, that's why he can get me in there & get some serious R&D done. I don't see why he would have a problem with that, but I wouldn't no where his heads at on that one and wouldn't want to make that call. You could give him a call & mention the Canaster Skid and you would like to maybe shoot up there Saturday & take a look.
Ther're all great bunch a folks..
[email protected]
"Eric",.......717.582.3640

Hey Thanks Jim, If I get a chance I'll give Eric a call, I'll be going right up 81 tomorrow to Mt. Carmel, hour north of Harrisburg. Again thanks. John

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few pic's of the Canister Skid,..defintely a tough little Skid. The front bracket is 1/4" due to the frontal impact area > 2nd pic down you can see it...(strength)
The "Lower Control Arm Skid" are great also, very easy install on both. Eric took pic's up there & will send them to me, & I'll post. He said both will be priced very competitively

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
They look pretty tough...how do they compare with the RockHard evap skid...and are they a direct bolt on?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They look pretty tough...how do they compare with the RockHard evap skid...and are they a direct bolt on?
Hey Vet,...I've looked at Rockhard a few times, they would work just fine, but Eric's Beefy Front Bracket was well thought out covering any hard hits in frontal area. If you look closely, it's " M48 Tank" strong and looks a little tougher than Rockhard. Yes a direct bolt on, even I could do it very easily.
Should be priced very close to Rockhard.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Hey Vet,...I've looked at Rockhard a few times, they would work just fine, but Eric's Beefy Front Bracket was well thought out covering any hard hits in frontal area. If you look closely, it's " M48 Tank" strong and looks a little tougher than Rockhard. Yes a direct bolt on, even I could do it very easily.
Should be priced very close to Rockhard.
Excellent...give me a headsup when they are finally available...:beer:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 37 Posts