JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the 4 bolts 2 each side that hold the brackets on to the roll bar for the soft top bow arms.

Anyone know the size

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Mopar part number is 6503259
Some places list them as M6x1x20, others as M6x1.25.
I will be buying some of each at the local hardware store this weekend, and let you know exactly which ones work, if nobody else knows for sure.

AMP

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mopar part number is 6503259
Some places list them as M6x1x20, others as M6x1.25.
I will be buying some of each at the local hardware store this weekend, and let you know exactly which ones work, if nobody else knows for sure.

AMP
Yes. please let me know.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I went to ace, got some M6 type that were M6x1x25. Just a tad longer. I just installed it last night with no issues. They didnt have the shorter one.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Confirmed.
Picked up some M6x20 at Lowe's. I think I got all four bolts for under $5, as opposed to that much $ for just one OEM bolt.
They are allen-head bolts, instead of star-drive. That is the only difference.

Now, I just need to re-rivet one of the tensioner straps back onto the rear bow, and I will be good to go. :beer:

AMP

·
Registered
5 Posts
This must be very common for people buying a used top & not getting the brackets - I’m in the same boat & have the brackets on order at the dealer.

I see that a slightly longer bolt (25mm vs 20 mm) works fine & it’s the M6 diameter but which pitch is correct: 1 or 1.25?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mine at Lowes this weekend

the brand is hillman 2 per pack
M6-1.00X20 is what is on the packaging

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you!

I went to ace, got some M6 type that were M6x1x25. Just a tad longer. I just installed it last night with no issues. They didnt have the shorter one.
This thread made my day easier and I just wanted to say thanks! Perfect fit and only $3. The dealer wants close to $25 for the stock bolts.
I bought a soft top off CL and the only thing missing were the bolts. The girl had traded in her JKU dual top having never put the soft top on-it was still in the factory boxes. I wonder if the bolts are still on the sport bar...:thankyou:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I see that a slightly longer bolt (25mm vs 20 mm) works fine & it’s the M6 diameter but which pitch is correct: 1 or 1.25?
Normal M6 thread is 1mm pitch, there is no standardized 1.25 pitch only a fine 0.75 pitch for that diameter which you won't find often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.