JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how I carry my Hi-Lift Jack on my front bumper. In this case a Shrockworks Mid-width. This may very well work on any bumper with light tabs or you can drill your own!!
I started with 3/8-24 6" all-thread and added a jam nut & lock washer on the bottom. followed above the mounting surface with another lock washer and two coupling nuts back to back (for height, which equals clearance from the grill). I threw a medium sized (about 1" dia.) flat washer on top of that to hold the jack. Above the jack goes a larger flat washer & a wing nut. Works like a champ!
I've wheeled with it and I check the wing nuts every time I walk in front of the jeep. They stay tight.
Here are the pics...

·
Registered
9 Posts
DSCN2013.jpg
Nice mod. I was looking through your windshield and was wondering what kind of mount you have in the back of the JK for your cutting torches:lol:
Just kidding, nice looking rig. I have the redrock but I'm second guessing it, the silver and white is becoming my favorite.
Love that bumper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like it, in fact I like it so much I stole your idea.

Remember, stealing an idea is plagerism, stealing a whole bunch of idea's is research. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, 'cause I am not stupid. I only carry my hi-lift when I wheel, & when I wheel, I carry my glock. :mr-t:

·
Registered
278 Posts
cool, good to see some enginuity and not a High Lift Jack Mount System Kit

i did one similar but with welded bolts and big wingnuts

A

·
0 Posts
I am just wondering if anyone has stolen you Hi-lift yet?
Mines not padlocked or anything, I figure if someone wants to go to the trouble of stealing a $45 heavy hi-lift jack and then run off with it they need it more than I do ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts