JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 08 X with factory am/fm/cd/ infinity sub, just picked up a 6 disc factory head unit with sirius built in. Q is do I need to get factory antenna or is there an adapter available to use older sirius antenna?

Ran a search but didn't see the answer I needed

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio has a weird looking hook-up, sorta out of round, heard of the adapter name once but I don't remember where

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same replacement on my '08 X. The factory antenna is the way to go. Justforjeeps.com has the best price on the antenna kit and the Kicker Speakers. The installation instructions are kinda vague as to the routing of antenna cable, and you need a big torx wrench to pull down the seatbelt. I can snap some pictures and get you the torx size needed later today.

·
Registered
328 Posts
When I switched my stock radio over to a my-gig I had the same question about the antenna adapter. Looked all over town for that antenna. When I went to an auto audio store and asked the guy about it he said they didn't make them anymore except for oem stuff. He said just to plug the antenna I had for the Sirius Sporster4 into the receptical in the back of the stereo. I was a little reluctant but tried it anyway cause it was cheaper than buying and installing another antenna. It fits into the receptical a little tight but it works good. I haven't had a problem yet with my sat reception.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts