JKOwners Forum banner

Single 8" aftermarket sub in JK? Any Good?

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ibjeepn 
#1 ·
My plan is to replace my factory speakers and add an amp. Question is has anyone just put a nice aftermarket sub in the factory enclosure and added an amp to power it? Does it put out enough bass? i dont need to rattle everyones windows, just some nice clean bass. I would like to leave it there to save space and to keep the factory look to deter thieves.

#3 ·
The factory enclosure doesn't allow for much mounting depth so there ain't many subs out there that will fit, furthermore the enclosure volume is too small limiting the choice even further and too flimsy for "clean bass".

#4 ·
You might be surprised at the amount of bass a good set of components, the right sound dampening and a little power can make. If you spend your money right you might decide you don't need a sub.

#8 ·
My trail buddy and I just has this installed in our 2007 and 2008 Rubicons:

Kicker 8" CRV8 subwoofer $99
Subwoofer Grill $20
Amp wiring kit $23
custom made MDF spacer rings Pair was $15
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x1 mono amp (150W @2ohms) $153

We now have BASS and I mean thumping bass that can be felt.
Labor to install was $125 @ Best Buy. Total cost was $435. We think it was well worth the expense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.