JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was sick of the stock lights in my 2012 (took a year and a half) and I am about to do a lot of driving most of which will be at night. I Just cant see paying $$$ for upgraded assemblies right now. So I went against the grain and picked up a set of ZXE's at the local Autozone cost me about $65.

I don't like the flicker of true HIDs and don't want to deal with the wiring and ballast right now as I am pressed for time.

but as far as these lights:

They are definitely white compared to the stock. (Photos did not come out)They appear to be maybe 10% brighter, I have 3.5 inches of lift with the equivalent of the factor front end rake. I think some adjustment up would also help, when on High beam the projection is better but the reflection of the road signs will blind you. I don't know yet it I would recommend these. They are better for sure but not sure if it is worth the cost.

As it was with stock when I got behind someone I could see them adjust their rear view mirror and hate me for being behind them, I don't want blinding bight lights I just want to be able to see better.

Driving down to Va. this weekend I will update when I get there on there value when I use them for a bit.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If people are adjusting their mirrors when you are behind them you need to re-aim your lights. You should have re-aimed them after doing the lift. You will probably get better visibility on the road when your lights aren't pointed at the sky (or peoples mirrors).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well being that I did not specify sorry. They are pointing downwards they need adjustment up..

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm used to the whole "adjust the mirror" when I get behind folks. 02 K2500HD 4" lift and 35's will get their attention.

What I do is try to hang back a bit at stop lights and such. BUT when they make a big deal about it I ride with the Hi beams on for a few miles.

Some punk kids got too stupid about the Jeep lights (stockers, they're REAL bright :nono:) so they got the Hi beams, LED's and the windshield mounted KC's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts