JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
I've always been a fan of their handguns, but I think their rifles are priced to high. With that said, all ar style rifles are priced to high at the moment. If you can get a reasonable deal, in our current pricing situation, then get it.

Sent via evil monkey!

· Premium Member
2,474 Posts
I was looking at the Sig, before I bought my PWS. It looks to be built with quality parts and I'm sure it runs fine. There was a time, not to long ago when you could find a good AR 15 for just under 1K. Best of luck finding one. Hopefully you have some connections.

· Registered
73 Posts
I have the Sig M400 enhanced, I actually bought it for $949 7 days before the Sandy Hook shooting thank God I did because they are almost impossible to find now. Like many others have said, you cant go wrong with Sig, it comes with MagPul accessories, chrome lined barrel and its chambered for 5.56. If you cant get your hands on one for a realistic price Id say do it, if not give me their number LOL I will buy another as an investment.

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
5,187 Posts
A few of us missed the AR boat... I was holding that M400 enhanced with the MOE furniture in OD green in my hands at Wally World a week and a half before the shooting. They wanted 917.00 for it. I thought "Meh, I'll wait a couple of weeks and buy it as a Christmas present to myself." Fucked that one up...

· Registered
1,430 Posts
I like mine and have had 0 issues or complaints about it. Seems to be a damn fine weapon. I have run 3 mags as fast as I could and no jamming and is very accurate at 100yds even with my eyesight looking through the original iron sites. How much are they asking for it if you don't mind sharing? I paid $775.00 for mine NIB and have added a few hundred in Knights Armament hand guards and a cheap red dot. Still need a sling.

· Registered
204 Posts
If you can actually find one of these for sale at a store, you should scoop it up as fast as you can.

It looks like a nice rifle. In general you can't go wrong with an AR-15 because you can replace just about anything if you decide you want to change it. Direct impingement is the way to go unless you're planning on getting a silencer for it. Gas-piston systems are all the rage nowadays but they're expensive and totally unnecessary for most uses.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
I just ordered a few Sig rifles. The Army unit I'm here with is doing a bulk order deal with Sig, up to 40% discount on select firearms. I bought 2 Sig 716 FDEs with 20 rnd .308/7.62x51 PMAGS for $1650, a Sig 516 5.56 NATO Patrol FDE w/30rnd PMAG for $1280, all 3 in the tan finish they have. Can't wait till they get shipped! Estimated to ship in early march at the latest. Now time to shop for optics.

· Registered
408 Posts
I just ordered a few Sig rifles. The Army unit I'm here with is doing a bulk order deal with Sig, up to 40% discount on select firearms. I bought 2 Sig 716 FDEs with 20 rnd .308/7.62x51 PMAGS for $1650, a Sig 516 5.56 NATO Patrol FDE w/30rnd PMAG for $1280, all 3 in the tan finish they have. Can't wait till they get shipped! Estimated to ship in early march at the latest. Now time to shop for optics.

Sign me up for a couple, wouldja? :)

· Registered
287 Posts
I preffer the flat top AR's but it's all personal preference! If you can find any AR at a decent price and quality I think everyone would recommend buying it! You will not go wrong with any SIG that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.