JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for a friend.

1200 OBO

this SIG 556 rifle through a trade on my motorcycle. Had only 1500 round through it and has 3 mags (1 plastic, two steel(?) that are afixed to each other for quick change) 2 telescoping stocks, red dot scope, forward handle, and flash light mount. Everything is painted with krylon by the previous owner and matches but everyone that sees it likes it. I personally have grown to really like it. Just has the paint chipping and worn off around the edges. I have put 400 round through it and shoots great. The scope still needs some dailing in. I don't wanna get rid of it but I wanna start knocking down my bills. pm if interested in looking at it, and if you want to arrange firing it some where I still have a few rounds left. Don't really want to travel to show this but for the right price I can. It was bought new june 2010

Everything in the case is included.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Is that scope a real aimpoint?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my friend has no clue, all he knows is it has a red dot lol..its Not magnified he said....he got it in trade and doesnt know much about it

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
if it is $1200 is a killer deal for all of it

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
That thing is nice.... and looks like it is well worth the price. Sure you could build one for less but that is a one stop shop.

Wish I had the extra scratch.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable guys will jump in here and correct me if/when I'm wrong with some of this.

That "scope" looks like a "68" (I think that's what they call 'em) to me. It does not magnify, but superimposes a red dot on your target. If it's the one I'm thinkin' of, it's like the one that's on my M4 that I'm carryin' here and it's pretty nice. It's designed to be used with both eyes open and you can literally leave the front site cover on. Since the red dot is not projected downrange to your target (only superimposed on the target inside the optic) this IMO cuts down on the time it takes me to put the dot on target. Once it's dialed in, I definitely wouldn't wanna be on the receiving end of it. I'm no great shooter (fair, but not great), but I was putting rounds on a 1sqft piece of steel from 50 yards basically standing on my head... :) well, no exactly, but I was kneeling down firing through a barrier with my head on the ground and the muzzle sticking out a hole that was at ground level. Lotsa fun!

·
Registered
303 Posts
The scope looks like a Trijicon Tri-Power scope. If it has a coil of fiber optic fibers on the top youll know its a tripower. The fibers on top collect light to illuminate the aimpoint during the day so no batteries needed till night. No zoom just a 30 mm tube i believe. Then again it could be something else. Nice sig...good luck with the sell.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Might be interested. Would like to know where the gun is located?

·
Registered
10,317 Posts
AWESOME gun. you can adjust the gas pressure and crank it up when it starts to foul. it'll blow the dirt or whatever out of the line.

super smooth, a blast to shoot...

mine came with a red dot from sig and it looks totally different that those sights.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Without seeing closeups of the reddot I would think that is a chinese copy of the aimpoint comp M4, just judging by the sale price. Price breakdown for the rig should be something like:

Sig 556: 12-1400
Chinese copy Red dot: 150
Real aimpoint comp M4 red dot:400
Magpul Stock: 150
Knights armament accesories(forward grip, rail covers): 50-75 if full set and carrying bag.
Flashlight mount: 25-30
Mags: 30 for all 3

Total cost for the rig is around
1800-2000 depending on the model of red dot.

These are great shooting rigs and very reliable with the piston system. Wish I had the extra cash to pick it up

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
How much to ship to NY?
Not going to be legal in NY unless you strip it down and do some machining on it.

NYS still has an Assault Weapons Ban in effect.

The mags and collapsing stock could be left behind in NC and replaced with 10rnd mags or pre-94 hi-cap mags. The stock would have to be either be made non functioning or replaced with a fixed position stock.

It would also need to have the flash supressor removed and depending on barrel length it may need to be replaced with a non-functioning one to maintain a minimum 16" barrel length.

If you are a LEO this maybe moot if you can get a waiver.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Guiness, that's not a flash supressor, I don't think. It looks just like the compensator on the front of the M4 that I'm carrying. Granted there are other factors that make it illegal for you in the Communist State of NY, but just sayin'...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts