JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SIERRA SNOW RUN!! March 7th ... Pictures !!!

UPDATED: Pictures on page 2 !!!!!!

Moving this to it's own thread ...

4' of new snow this week at the trailhead to Fordyce!

It looks like the snow levels will be lower with the series of storms next week, so conditions should be great for a snow run! :D Hoping for a repeat of two weeks ago with fresh new snow, http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6377.

The plan:

Meet at CFN 76 gas station/convenience store in Nevada City on Saturday morning at 9:30 and head out from there. Depending on how much snow we get this week we'll head up either Hwy 49 or Hwy 20 out of Nevada City. It's probably forty minutes to the trail head give or take, depending on where we go. We'll see how much snow we get from the storms this week.

Here are some Google Maps' links to the CFN 76 Station just off the Gold Flat Rd. Exit from Hwy 20/49 in Nevada City.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=39.249603,-121.023116&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=39.248108,-121.02258&sspn=0.010785,0.024741&ie=UTF8&z=16

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=39.249204,-121.021228&spn=0,359.975259&z=16&layer=c&cbll=39.2499,-121.023032&panoid=Ta3KYI6cr3zBvdVq5wp_OQ&cbp=12,69.14225094184859,,0,5

Who's in? So far it looks like we have:

1. JeepThing
2. Eugene
3. rubirobv
4. MichaelW (definate maybe) - good luck on the projects :D
5. Dave (Mt. Logan built Unlimited)
6. cab76 (maybe!)

Let's get a good group together. Can't wait! :bounce:

Gaston Grade was fun with the snow that we had, so I bet it was extreme fun now. Sounds like we have a date for March 7. Let's see who'll come also.
I'm still up for a snow run on March 7th. My wife has the day off and I'd like to bring my son and daughter, ages 9 & 10. They're looking forward to going. Anyone else bringing family along?
I'm in Northern Nevada. So I could easily meet up with you guys for most Sierra runs. I know several up here that we could get together.
x 2. If you guys come over to the sierras, I'll join up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd be interested, but I'm not locked and that makes for a not so fun time in the snow....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'd be interested, but I'm not locked and that makes for a not so fun time in the snow....
Depends, I went snow wheeling last weekend and only used my lockers once, and that is when I got stuck(farting around). Lockers in the snow or soft dirt can make for an interesting ride.
I'll be coming from the Bay Area so anybody in my neck of the woods wants to meet local and caravan, post a note.:bounce:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I am a definate maybe. I would love to go as snow runs are always fun. Bring straps as was stated getting stuck is often the result of pushing in the snow. Bring warm clothes too. I am partial to a nice big thermos of hot chocolate too! I got a lot on my plate for springtime. I will be leaving for Tucson mid week so I need to be ready to go and have the projects in order. I will point to this thread in the M&G thread for Reno.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm not going to be able to make it. Had to reschedule an installation appointment to next Saturday when the tech failed to make it yesterday as scheduled. :(

Next time.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sorry to hear you not coming LoPo:bawling:. Catch you next time. But right now we have 3 which is the least number of rigs you should have for a snow run. Hope we have some turnout from the Reno Jk's.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I'm still in for Saturday. Not sure if I'm heading up Friday or Saturday. Where are we meeting and what time? Nevada City is three hours from my house. Early start is not a problem for me. I'm flexible, go with the flow.
Whatever you guys want to do.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking sometime around 9 +/-, but I'm leaving that up to those who are coming in from out of town. Dave is coming from the Bay area somewhere, but is fine with an early start. Eugene, what time works for you? I'm flexible.

I updated my original post with the meeting location.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am leaving Saturday morning and may spend the night. Rubirov let me know your plans and maybe we can caravan.
Has a meeting place been decided? Been there only once so the easier the better.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I was thinking sometime around 9 +/-, but I'm leaving that up to those who are coming in from out of town. Dave is coming from the Bay area somewhere, but is fine with an early start. Eugene, what time works for you? I'm flexible.

I updated my original post with the meeting location.
Look at the post times... wierd. Getting to Nevada City around 9'ish works for me...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
9:30 sound fine...What or where is CFN?
I edited my first post in this thread and inserted a Google Maps link for the meeting place. CFN is a gas station and convenience store right off the freeway in Nevada City.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I am leaning more towards being there. The weather isn't helping my projects so they may wash out. Perfect opportunity to wheel instead of working.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SNOW!!

I am leaning more towards being there. The weather isn't helping my projects so they may wash out. Perfect opportunity to wheel instead of working.
Wheelin's always more fun. :D

Here's today's forecast for one of the trails I am keeping my eyes on. Let it snow!! :bounce:

Today: Snow showers. Temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. Breezy, with a south southwest wind between 18 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. Low around 27. Breezy, with a south wind 9 to 12 mph increasing to between 21 and 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is this still on for Saturday? As long as everyone can tolerate a definite novice in the deep snow, put me down as a maybe!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts