JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting new fender flares on, and I was wondering what y'all did with the side marker light. The new fender flares don't have a side marker, so I'm kinda lost as to what to do with the wiring/light fixture... Any suggestions? Just curious what others have done. Thank you!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want to do away with it completely there is another plug further up the light's wiring. IIRC it's just behind the grill. Just unplug it there and then you won't have any dangling lights or wires. I did this when trimming my stock fenders.

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
If you want to do away with it completely there is another plug further up the light's wiring. IIRC it's just behind the grill. Just unplug it there and then you won't have any dangling lights or wires. I did this when trimming my stock fenders.
x2.

Plus used to electrical tape to seal up the plug openings. Been that way since 2011.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Cool! Thanks for the tip! I'm tackling the fenders this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes! :grin2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to update y'all, I ended up popping the stock side marker light housings out of the stock fenders and rigged them up in the wheel wells. They are tucked in pretty good, we'll see how long they last!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts