JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Hi-Lift mount kit form JeepSwag.com it is one of the easiest installs I have ever made with a great look and very nice fit and finish. Step one I took apart my hi-lift and painted it the same factory color as my Rubicon. I then tapped the holes and installed the jack. Very simple, no rattles / not in your line of sight or in the way at all. I have a freedom hard top and it clears with no problem. I highly recommend these mounts to anyone looking for a clean out of the weather place to store your hi-lift jack.
Thanks again WWW.JeepSWAG.com for a well made and powder coated kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have any photos with the hardtop on and how hard is it to get down with the Hardtop on?

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
The Black Jack looks killer.

Thanks for posting this up :beer:

PS, I know the jack is green, just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will take some pics with the hard top on. No problem getting to the bolts to take the jack down it slides right down and out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just so everyone knows, this is for a JKU only. Otherwise, this looks awesome! Wish I could get one for my 2-door.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Does the mount work with the soft top, or is the jack in the way of dropping the top?

JPK
on their site it says the jack has to be removed to operate the soft top. That is definitely a good idea, and after getting rid of my rear bumper with a lift mount, I'll be saving up for one of these! excellent idea and execution!

http://www.jeepswag.com/jackmount/index.html

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sweet!!!! I am doing this as well. Nice looking rig, and nice looking chunk of property as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi Lift Mount with soft top pics and Hard top pics

Here are some pictures of the Hi Lift Mount with a soft top pics and Hard top pics. Yes you do have to remove the jack before taking down the soft top. We just installed the red jack in the pictures in my buddies JKU with a soft top this weekend.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
909 Posts
My only issue is that if you got the jack all muddy, you're then putting that back in your jeep. I used to keep mine under the seat (fit perfectly), but picked up a RR tailgate mount (which I've been too lazy to install so far).

·
Registered
238 Posts
My only issue is that if you got the jack all muddy, you're then putting that back in your jeep. I used to keep mine under the seat (fit perfectly), but picked up a RR tailgate mount (which I've been too lazy to install so far).
If you're using it in a place that it gets that muddy, odds are you'll need to clean the interior anyway since YOU will get muddy while using it. :D I just got the same one I think....mounts to the tailgate hinges. This set up here is nice but I put my soft top up & down so much that this would become a pain.

·
Registered
169 Posts
that is pretty sweet, going to have to add that to my "honey i need this" list

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had this for a month or so and it awesome. This is such a great way to carry your hi-lift. The only thing diff i did was went down to Lowes and got some bolts with wing nut to remove the jack easier.
With it mounted this way i am also able to put my CB antenna on top of the hi-lift to store it out of the way when not in use.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts

What up fellow upstate NYer!! I dont see to many on here, at least people from the Albany area...I live in Albany, right near Crossgates, we should go wheelin sometime, sick rig btw

1 - 20 of 20 Posts