JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been on order since January, but here shes is! FINALLY!!

I'll be installing it this weekend and I'll be building a tire carrier in the near future (already have the materials).

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't know they printed their name on it. Not sure If I like that and I may fill in it with my welder and buff it smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that silver? do you need to paint? how does it mount?
No, it's unpainted. I don't want any powdercoat on bumper because I scrape them up all the time and scratch it off. I just use my own paint and rattle can it after wheeling trips.

Not sure how it mounts yet, cuz I'm in the house "working from home". I'll get out there later. :D :D :D

A

·
0 Posts
Looks nice and I'd fill in the name. If you need a hand lifting it on give me a call.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice and I'd fill in the name. If you need a hand lifting it on give me a call.
It's actually quite a bit lighter that yours. It's only 3/16" steel and yours was little larger, plus 1/4" steel.

Yeah, I'll call Shrockworks and see if they want to set up a sponsorship fee to leave their advertising sticker cut into my bumper. I hate it when car dealers do that and I always demand they remove their decals before I accept a purchase.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fill it in is my vote to ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Primed. Flat black goes on tomorrow. I'm to lazy to fill in the company logo right now. I can always do it later.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you mind showing how it mounts???
Looks like it just mounts to the fram rails. Comes with five 1/2" bolts and six 3/8" bolts. I haven't tried it on yet, so I'm not exactly sure how it goes on. Also, you can see one of the two angle iron separate pieces in mounts with.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
bumper lites

Mine is due Tue, went with the Stubby. What are you plans for light? I didnt order lights from Shrockworks. Want to get some ideas beforehand. Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks awesome. I am getting ready to build my own and am going with a shrockworks to model after.

I do have two questions,
1) What is the length and height of the middle face section of the bumper, (from the angle to the angle)?
2) Do you happen to have anymore pics of the way it mounts pre and post install?

Thanks
JR

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I do have two questions,
1) What is the length and height of the middle face section of the bumper, (from the angle to the angle)?
2) Do you happen to have anymore pics of the way it mounts pre and post install?

Thanks
JR
I'll get the measurements when I get home at end of the week and I'll post more pics too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
LET THERE BE LIGHT

Really easy instal, I did have to trim my CURT reciever hitch a 1/4" on both sides but it would have cleared the factory hitch. I ordered my bumper 12/3/07 So i think they sent me a light kit for my trouble. They are 2-3 time brighter than the tail/reverse lights. Sorry for nighttime pics.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have two questions,
ANSWER 1: I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. The distance between the top gap for where the cut out for the tire is, is 26". The distance at teh bottom of the bumper (bottom of angled part) is 13". The height of the bumper face over all is 7". The height of that indented section for the tire is 4.75".

ANSWER 2: See below.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First of all.............. This is what the factory bumper deserves:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is how it mounts.

The L-brackets they provide slide inside of the rear framrails. They have two 1/2" bolts that go into the sides of the frame rails through existing holes, on each side. Plus, you re-use the additional two holes on the sides that the stock bumper bolts into. They have welded nuts on the L-bracket inserts (two on the side, one on the bottom). That last bolts goes into the L-bracket on teh bottom of the frame rail.

BUT..........There was NO EXISTING HOLE on the passenger side of the framerail! (there was on the driver's sdie). I had to drill it out myself on the PS. You need to make a 1/2" hole.

Note the bottom of the frame rail. You put a bolt through that first one on the bottom. But, again, there is only a hole on the DS.

L-Bracket goes into frame rail.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks geeewd. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

A

·
0 Posts
I’ve only got one question. Why do you have the top on, on such a nice day in Colorado?

Bumper looks great :beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts