JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1: Order and forget. Four months from order to receipt ...just like Shrock promised.

Step 2: Get a jackhammer to unpack. These things were wrapped in plastic, secured by some kind of spray-in foam and boxed.

Step 3: Admire!

Step 4: PREP & PAINT! Clean with degreaser and wipe down with denatured alcohol. Let sit overnight. 1 light coat of self-etching primer; 2 coats of clean metal primer; 2-3 coats of flat black.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Step 5: Remove the floaty toys in the front and rear, along with the OEM rails.

Step 6: Relocate the vacuum pump with the provided Or-Fab kit and cut off the OEM vacuum pump mount. Paint any areas that need it.

Note: Not my video, but a great how-to.

Step 7: Mount the front bumper. Simple bolt on. 2 bolts hold the winch plate to the frame rails; 8 bolts hold the bumper to the frame where the OEM hooks were located; 4 bolts hold the bumper/skid to the winch plate; 4 bolts hold the skid to the crossmember.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....and voila, installed pics?

Tomorrow. I want everything to dry overnight. Just need to take off the OEM rails and start wrenching.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Got em mounted yet? :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Step 8: Mount the back up lights to the rear bumper. Bolts to tabs on the inside of the bumper.

Step 9: Set the mounting brackets in the rear frame rails. Only one 1/2" hole needs to be drilled in the underside of the passenger side frame rail.

Step 10: Bolt the rear bumper on. 5 bolts on each side.

Step 11: Wire the back-up lights through the driver side Brake light housing. Connect the positive to the white/gray wire in the wiring bundle and find a good ground. Secure all wires.

Step 12: Admire

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Looks fantastic. No stinger for the front though?

With those flatty nemesis flares, looks like its time for 37s eh? :)

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Nice and clean! Looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks fantastic. No stinger for the front though?

With those flatty nemesis flares, looks like its time for 37s eh? :)

Thanks!! Nope Shrock doesn't make stingers and I'm not a bull bar fan.
Negative on the 37s, lol.

Nice and clean! Looks fantastic!

Many thanks!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Great products! I've wheeled with the SW guys out at old K1. They are very cool but not in a hurry to accomplish anything.

Took me 6 months to get my front bumper. But well worth it. VERY sweet build you have going there.

I like your Rat Patrol sticker. I have the complete box set. That shit is probably why I have this 'Jeep thing' in my blood:gluging:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude, it looks fucking fantastic! Love how the rig is coming along! What winch is getting popped in? lol

Thanks brother!! I've got a Warn Zeon 10000-S on the way.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Step 14: Remove the OEM rails ...just a few bolts/nuts. Also remove the bolts along the underside of the frame rails.

Step 15: Mount the sliders using the bolts you removed from the frame rails; mark the holes to be drilled (4 on each side); remove the sliders; center punch and drill the 4 holes.

Step 16: Paint the drilled holes and re-mount the sliders. Note: The instructions called for the rear holed to be drilled for self tapping bolts. I'm not a fan of self tapping bolts, so I went the "pain in the ass" route and used additional grade 8 hardware.

Step 17: Admire

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Overall, I couldn't be happier. Top notch construction. Very easy install. I'll eventually weld the sliders on ...looking for ward to getting her up to Rausch Creek!!!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Lookin' good E!!

I really like my Shrock sliders, have beat on them more than any other part on my heap. I am very happy with my Shrock rear bumper (etc...) - the only thing that sucks is the lights... they are cheap and mine are a pain to replace because the entire bumper needs to be loosened to get to'em. I am looking for an LED replacement but it is an odd size so it hasn't been easy. Hopefully yours will last longer and be easier to swap out with just the bumper.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great products! I've wheeled with the SW guys out at old K1. They are very cool but not in a hurry to accomplish anything.

Took me 6 months to get my front bumper. But well worth it. VERY sweet build you have going there.

I like your Rat Patrol sticker. I have the complete box set. That shit is probably why I have this 'Jeep thing' in my blood:gluging:
Agreed on the quality. When I was a kid, I'd wake up every Sunday morning and dial the antenna south to pick up KPLR St. Louis so I could watch the Rat Patrol and Wrestling at the Chase ...good times.

Lookin' good E!!

I really like my Shrock sliders, have beat on them more than any other part on my heap. I am very happy with my Shrock rear bumper (etc...) - the only thing that sucks is the lights... they are cheap and mine are a pain to replace because the entire bumper needs to be loosened to get to'em. I am looking for an LED replacement but it is an odd size so it hasn't been easy. Hopefully yours will last longer and be easier to swap out with just the bumper.
Thanks Ron. The bumper alone shouldn't be bad, but the whole set-up would be a pain!!. I'll keep an eye out for LED replacements as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts