JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market to purchase a motor home for Moab next year. Either a class A to pull my jeep behind or a small travel trailer to pull behind the jeep. Was hoping everyone could show off what they have and maybe some pointers as well. Maybe why you went with your purchase. Thanks in advance!

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
I'd like to see some also. I'll be photographing the Midget Nationals - Chili Bowle in OK from the 11-14th. So I'll post some of the rigs that I see there.

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be awesome! i'm also maybe thinking of picking up a toy hauler if i can get one cheap enough. found a couple on ebay that is perfect for 2 people, has a queen size bed in the bad and then there is a divider wall that separates the toys. the problem is the wife really doesn't want to pay over 5k for an rv..:shaking::beer:

· Registered
10,350 Posts

my buddy's is in the middle. ford with a 460. he paid like 2700 bucks for it. it was a mid 90's. had 18,000 miles on it. it needed brakes and tires but it was a good toy hauler....

that's ben's buddy on the right... it was substantially more lol.

· Registered
250 Posts

36' razor. Sure takes the "roughing it" out of camping. If the wife and kids want to go they get this. I try to camp out of my jeep every chance I get. This is for the lake and mountains. My kiddos are 8 mos and 2 1/2. So really a little too young to bear the heat and cold still. The wife......she can have her hot shower.

· Premium Member
250 Posts
We have a 2006 40 foot Monaco Knight diesel pusher that we tow the Jeep around with. We are fulltime RVers, meaning we don't have a home to go home to, other than the RV. The Jeep is probably the easiest vehicle to tow.

If looking for a motorhome to tow the Jeep, it is important to look at towing capacities, and to know the weight of your Jeep. Most gas motorhomes will have 5000 pounds or less of towing capacity. Many diesel motorhomes are 10k and higher. My JKU - with all the added crap - is over the 5K mark. Be sure to know about that, and not rely on a salesman.

· Registered
495 Posts

This is my set-up . .
Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel + Lance 935 camper. For being what it is it's very nice to have. Tank capacities are low so I can't dry camp for long periods of the time, but the trade off is I can unload the camper and I have a truck. One thing to consider is registration and insurance. Here in Cali, I only have to pay to register and insure the truck. RV registration in this state is a joke. It's just my wife and I so this set-up works for us.

Timmay

· Registered
2,404 Posts
I've got a Flagstaff pop-up that I tow behind the Jeep. It's not ideal, since I have to worry about getting it home, if something breaks on the Jeep. But, it's got heat, A/C, sink and stoves. Only thing missing is a toilet and shower, but the campgrounds have all that. I'm at the Jeep's max towing, but it seems to pull it just fine.

· Registered
43 Posts
Sorry for the crappy cell pic but its the only one I have pulling one of our Jeeps. It's a 2006 Gulfstream Super C with the Duramax diesel, I've pulled the JKU with it too and have had no problems

· Registered
3,115 Posts

my buddy's is in the middle. ford with a 460. he paid like 2700 bucks for it. it was a mid 90's. had 18,000 miles on it. it needed brakes and tires but it was a good toy hauler....

that's ben's buddy on the right... it was substantially more lol.
It goes faster than 35 uphill though. :D

Hopefully he wont have to stuff his jeep in there anymore either.

Sent via Telegraph.

· Registered
478 Posts

This is my set-up . .
Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel + Lance 935 camper. For being what it is it's very nice to have. Tank capacities are low so I can't dry camp for long periods of the time, but the trade off is I can unload the camper and I have a truck. One thing to consider is registration and insurance. Here in Cali, I only have to pay to register and insure the truck. RV registration in this state is a joke. It's just my wife and I so this set-up works for us.

Timmay
I will say it again, nice set up.:beer:

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will say it again, nice set up.:beer:
i like this set up and it is definatley something that i'm considering. my only question is, how easy is it to tow the set up that you have now with your jk on a trailer? that's really the only thing that has me worried.. :beer:

· Registered
289 Posts

Camper is the basement style so it has good sized heated tanks for an in-the-bed camper. 70 fresh, 55 gray, 55 black. It is nice being able to dump the camper and still have a truck for "other stuff". I really like the class C size motorhomes but the selection is very limited that have 10K tow rating.

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Camper is the basement style so it has good sized heated tanks for an in-the-bed camper. 70 fresh, 55 gray, 55 black. It is nice being able to dump the camper and still have a truck for "other stuff". I really like the class C size motorhomes but the selection is very limited that have 10K tow rating.
you have any interior shots of your camper? how roomy is it? it is myself, the wife, and our 2 dogs. :beer:

· Registered
478 Posts

Nice set up, F450? With that camper on my 3500, I think I would need more truck to pull 7000lb worth of Jeep and trailer.:beer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.