JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see some custom vented hoods! :bounce:

I've decided to ad custom vents to my hood and wanted to see what others have done.

I've ordered some pretty cool top & side vents which should be here in a week or so. I'll post pics later...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PCS is definately nice

I was at their shop in Banning, Ca and looked at the louvered vent... They are nice! I've decided to go a different route with mine ... I'm using small individual vents in a cross venting pattern.

Nice picks on that thread! They will help me to decide on optimum placement.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got to be more hoods out there....

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My hood project...

Playing around with these... They're not set in exact position yet.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
PSC Hood Louvers

I also went the PSC TJ hood louver route with a twist. Earlier I had installed a pair of Genright louvers, then added a "functional" scoop subsequently replaced by the PSC louver panel. I opted to go body color on the louvers. Can't really tell if they have made a difference or not as it has been pretty darn cold.

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's nice to see & hear about ppl's hoods. I wonder if any of the supercharger mfg's have run any temperature tests with & without a vented hood?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bad case of the Jerpies...

BTW, did you have to cut every little hole for those? And how do they mount?
Yes I will be cutting all the holes, but that's easy in this case... I just drill a 2" round hole for each one. They're 3M tape mounted plus I will be adding quality rivets ... should work well and have a clean look.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.