JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread on the other place and saw some decen things, and not so decent. So let's get it started again!.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rock Sliders, still need to be cut and capped off.

My bumper, ala shrockworks style, but mine. Needs to be cut for winch opening and skid plate added. (Plastic "skid plate" will not be used!)

Mirrors

:jeep2:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you shave your fenders too?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Yep. Cut off a nice chunk of them for a "flattie" look.

Cost me zero dollars. Some time and I had flat fenders. :bounce:

You can look at my Rubicon Video (in my sig) and see where even my stubified fenders got rubbed on going up Big Sluice. But they survived with just some beauty scars. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stubbied my front stock bumper then cut and welded some end caps on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thread says metal...:thefinger:

Just kidding, looks good!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey what more do you want. I cut, formed and welded metal end caps to it. My high lift mount project went belly up when I bought 34's. There just isn't enough space on the tailgate with that large of a tire.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I had neighbors like you guys...maybe in my next life I'll learn how to work w/ metal and weld! I would love to make a custom roof rack for my Jeep for all of my Home Depot runs, since there is no rack in the market right now that doesn't cost an arm and a leg or look the way I want it to look.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey what more do you want. I cut, formed and welded metal end caps to it. My high lift mount project went belly up when I bought 34's. There just isn't enough space on the tailgate with that large of a tire.
I was just goofing, it looks good.:smokin: Much better than some of the other ones i have see that look like 10 yr old hacked up the bumper.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Added rear 3/16" thick flat flares

Brushed Aluminum Switch Panel

Rock Sliders (yes I know I still need to cut the LCA mounts off. They're hollowed out for clearance, and I've been too lazy to finish it up.)

Tube Doors (ok, this one was for work, but still...)

And I did the winch mount design on this, but not the bumper skin design.

Ok, I'm done, I swear.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow JR, you've got the skills alright!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hard to tell but are you using TIG or MIG welding on these?

Good work BTW!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hard to tell but are you using TIG or MIG welding on these?

Good work BTW!
I can't actually take credit for the welding, I can't lay a bead for ****. I did everything up to the welding, and after it, but the actual gun work belongs to my friend Joe, who was working as a welder at Warrior.

It's all mig work, no tig at all.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had some 1.5" tubing bent and welded to the stock Rubi sliders.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts