JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
So I finally looked at and drove a 2012 yesterday. The power is definitely there. I currently have a 2DR Black Ops Rubicon that i like but I always feel like I should have gotten the 4DR.

In order to trade and not pay a ton more I'm looking at getting a JKU Sport S with basically the same options as my Rubi. I would obviously be missing out on the lockers, axle, disco, 4:1. But honestly i don't wheel that hard that often and have never even used the e-lockers. All the electronics are nice but they also take forever to engage.

Am I crazy to trade up? If I trade these then I'll be able to upgrade along the way and not throw away Rubicon parts.

So the numbers look like this.

New JKU $32,000 MSRP
Dealer offer: $29,000
Trade: $26,500
TTL: $1,500

So simply put is it worth the $4,000 for the new engine and 4DRs?

Thanks for listening :gluging:
Ask the sales guy what the treadlightly price is and see if it is any less. If so, pay the $60 to sign up with treadlightly and get the jeep of your choice 1% below invoice.

I was in a similar situation, traded an '09 2dr rubi for a '12 4dr rubi. Love the new one so much more than '09. So many improvements in 3yrs.

For you've got most of the improvements, just not the extra doors and the 3.6.

If the motor or the extra doors are that important, do it. If not, keep what ya got.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
My negotiated price is well below tread lightly discount as far as i can tell. The invoice is around 30,500. So TL would be about 30 if i'm doing the math right.
Okay

I didn't have my paperwork handy for comparison before.

For comparison, our '12 JKU Rubi stickered of $37595 mildly equipped. Invoice was $35270, our final not including $500 bonus cash was $34894. I'd presume holdback is comparable from JK to JK, I'm seeing $1104 on my sheet.

At the end of the day if you feel comfortable doing it, do it.

Oh, and make sure to twist the screws on the interest rate and work that down to almost nil. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.