JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looing at the Rock Krawler Long Arm Uprades Kits and I dont know if i should go with the 3 linked front end kit or the 4 linked front end kit? I Do a lot of highway driving but also on the trails every week. Which system do you guys think I should go with?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I've driven my Jeep from Ohio to Moab & back; beat on it while out there for 2 weeks, beat on it around here in Ohio, WV, PA, & KY on rocks for 2 years and haven't had an issue with only having 3 links.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
RK makes some of the best components for the JK. They real world test (Thrash) their products. Three link will give you great articulation and sound suspension drivability.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I see some 3 link recommendations, so maybe you guys will know....

At what point does a 3 link prove beneficial? At what lift height, suspension travel? If I installed one of RK's long arm systems with their coil-overs, either 3.5 or 5.5, would I get any less articulation with the 4 link vs the 3 link? Same question for the rear with their coil springs and shocks.

3 link would be sexy, but is there a real benefit for a street driven rig that sees weekend action?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I've been running and wheeling my RK 3 link with no issues. Great suspension:beer:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Ah both?

As far as I know, there are no additional modifications other than welding in a new passenger side axle end mount for the upper arm (RK - please correct me if otherwise).

Install the three link, run it for a while both and offroad then add the fourth and do the same. Stick with the one you like best.

Just a thought...

(Just a note that I am thinking of the Triple Threat Kit and not the X Factor)

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Real world, the 3 Link with track bar is the only non-binding suspension you can run for conventional steering means (i.e. a drag link). When you add the 4th link, there will be natural binding and more distortion required from the bushings in the arms in order to actually articulate. You will also notice for a given amount of articulation, the body roll is significantly less with a 3 link than it is with a 4 link. As the suspension binds with a 4 link it generates more body roll...

RK

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ive had the rock krawler triple threat ( four link ) and their x-factor(3-link) .. i gotta say both are great ! but i have the x-factor now and like it even better.. great on and off road.. i would get their x-factor long arm kit.. you will be very happy :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts