JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Is the shifter travel excessive in the manual? I drove one for a day or two when I had a dealer loaner JK and it seemd fine to me.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Is the shifter travel excessive in the manual? I drove one for a day or two when I had a dealer loaner JK and it seemd fine to me.
It is fine, but everything on a Jeep is up for modification :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
The stock shifter could use improvement, especially the 4th to 5th and the 5th to 6th shift.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
A slightly shorter shift would be nice, but a more positive engagement as far as the springs holding the shifter in gear would be better. Main problem I've had with the shifter is that if you back out of the throttle and hit the right kind of bump (something that shakes you, rather than a straight bump) at the right moment, it'll pop out of gear. Not really a big deal, and it's only happened once.

~SoCo

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
A slightly shorter shift would be nice, but a more positive engagement as far as the springs holding the shifter in gear would be better. Main problem I've had with the shifter is that if you back out of the throttle and hit the right kind of bump (something that shakes you, rather than a straight bump) at the right moment, it'll pop out of gear. Not really a big deal, and it's only happened once.

~SoCo
That's not a shifter issue per se, but the result of crappy ass synchros.

I have an NSG370 that has been toasted the dude could use and keep.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I met with him and he took a bunch of measurements. He said its going to be a lot work.... That being said I have not contacted him since , but I'll post up any updates I get. The guy is really cool, he has designed tons of shifters and hurst actually uses a few of his products. He's into niche markets so he really wants to make it happen.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
After having a short throw B&M in my old blaZeR2 then driving a normal one it made a huge difference! Like a whole new rig.

Now I have an auto but I hope that they make one for you guys, you will love it!

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I must say, as much as I don't need one..I'd be interested in a shorter throw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.