JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need help finding a semi-permanent fix to help my lady shift my Jeep properly! She's short, 4'11" short, and cannot properly heal-toe shift the Jeep (or her Camaro SS). What is available on the open markets as a solution to this issue? Is there a floor board elevator I can toss in the driver's side?

This is serious, I don't need to prematurely replace a clutch on either vehicle, and she's an avid driver who never even knew this was an issue. All her previous standard tranny cars were small imports, and she either did it correctly or the motor was so small it didn't matter. But now she's got a little more muscle under the hood, and the ride is atrocious!

:surprise:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Nice Indiana Jones reference. I hope that's what this dude was after.

Also OP, what type of "muscle" are you getting out of your JK? I would like to know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting 0 muscle out of the JK, but she's got plenty in her SS--I just want my JK's clutch to last

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
The throw on my clutch is so long I never have my heel on the floor when using it anyway. I do always press the pedal all the way down when shifting.
Who knows, this might work just fine. I've got my doubts, because her feet are tiny so just to reach the pedal she has to lift her heal off the floorboard. Thanks for the link, now I know at least what to search the interwebs for...

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
See if Gene might let her borrow ?

Well, shock-me ; that was very well-played, sir. You get a black diamond for that sggts.
As a standing , enlisted member of the KISS ARMY, I salute you on this recommendation. Those would help OPs short girlfriend attain similar height as they did for Christine Sixteen . :grin2:

:jeep2:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
The throw on my clutch is so long I never have my heel on the floor when using it anyway. I do always press the pedal all the way down when shifting.
Same here.

First vehicle I've had with such a ridiculously long clutch pedal throw :cwm13: , but I adapted and got over it. The long travel is the trade-off of requiring very low force to disengage the clutch (pussification for the average consumer that will bitch about a stiff clutch).

Maybe I'm built weird :dunno: , but I point my foot like a fook'n ballerina to stab the clutch pedal all the way to the firewall on critical shifts. Every now and then, I'll forget and use 1/2 - 2/3 of the travel like a "normal" MT vehicle, and get minor complaints from the NSG 370. That reminds me to re-learn the Fred Flintstone "twinkle toes" clutch pedal approach.

Couple+ decades ago at a training session, a Yamaha rep. introduced me to "TMDT" - That Model Does That :laughing:

So . . . TL/DR = TMDT :laughing: :suicide:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Well, shock-me ; that was very well-played, sir. You get a black diamond for that sggts.
As a standing , enlisted member of the KISS ARMY, I salute you on this recommendation. Those would help OPs short girlfriend attain similar height as they did for Christine Sixteen . :grin2:

:jeep2:
But do you still have the paper snap gun from the liner of "Love Gun"?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts