JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using this for a couple weeks now. I had been carrying an ammo can plus tackle-box (along with gun case).....and it was getting cumbersome.

The bag came from Home Depot for $20. -17" Open Tool Tote- 600 denier Spun-Tuff HD water-resistant. 6 internal and 14 external pockets. Steel handle w/ foam grip. Electrical tape strap & tape-measure clip. 5 rubber feet on bottom. 17" l x 8" w x 10" h.

Really durable and convenient. I am using it to hold about 800 rounds, two pr ear-muffs, ear-plugs, paper targets, shooters glasses, small camera tripod, camera, Sig .380, cleaning patches/ cleaner/ lube/ cleaning-rod/ extra compensator, tools, 6 mags, bottled water, knife, etc. Some room for more stuff if needed.

I know it's not everyone's taste, but this thing is working well for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Cool. Similar to what use, but mine is a tool bag.

Sent from Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it's lightweight (without 800+ rounds) and holds a lot of things in a variety of ways. Could certainly be customized to work better for others. FWIW- They also have a very similar tool-bag that is a little smaller (with smaller pockets) that has a handle that folds to the side. The handle on mine is fixed. That's the only thing about it that I don't care for, but the size and design made it more appealing. I also like the ease of having it always open.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Midway has some very nice looking range bags for a very reasonable price as well. Anyone use them? I wonder for the price if they'll hold up to some abuse.

·
Registered
8,651 Posts
I use a 511 bag and love it..... But those would be great for my shotgun shells :D

This is what I use.....

Gonna have to go get one of these thanks for the idea man...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Midway has some very nice looking range bags for a very reasonable price as well. Anyone use them? I wonder for the price if they'll hold up to some abuse.
I have this bag
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=939259680

I beat the holy livin crap out of it regularly and completely love it. I can't be beat for the price as it is pretty much exactly the same as this bag:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=186816

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well....damn. Those Midway 5.11 bags are NICE. :beer:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use a S&W range bag. Ordered it from their website. It has plenty of magazine holders and large enough for my 500, two other hand guns, ammo, and two sets of ear and eye protection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts