JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought the gold standard 2.5" kit from you guys. I'm looking to add old man emu shocks, Could you tell me which ones I would need for the front and the rear?

I looked around and some people say use 60066L and 60067L. Is this Correct?

Or would you recommend another kind?

I know people say bilstein 5100's are good.

I also should be looking for a shock for a 3 to 5 inch lift correct?

Thanks again for your time!!!

·
Don't Tread on OHV
197 Posts
Hello, I just bought the gold standard 2.5" kit from you guys. I'm looking to add old man emu shocks, Could you tell me which ones I would need for the front and the rear?

I looked around and some people say use 60066L and 60067L. Is this Correct?

Or would you recommend another kind?

I know people say bilstein 5100's are good.

I also should be looking for a shock for a 3 to 5 inch lift correct?

Thanks again for your time!!!
Those are the correct OME shocks. We recommend the OME because we know it has a good synergy with our coils. We have not tested any other combination of shocks, so I can't comment on whether or not they will work well with our kit.

Matson

·
Registered
267 Posts
If I understand you correctly your saying that when Metalcloak developed the "ARB Edition" you only tested it with ARB / OME shocks? Metalcloak never tested the performance of the suspension with shocks from Fox, Bilstein, Rancho, etc...?

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
If I understand you correctly your saying that when Metalcloak developed the "ARB Edition" you only tested it with ARB / OME shocks? Metalcloak never tested the performance of the suspension with shocks from Fox, Bilstein, Rancho, etc...?
That's exactly what they just said.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think it would be very unreasonable to think every suspension builder would test every shock on the market. RK recommends Bilstein or their own brand. I don't see you bitchin' at them for not testing every shock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
306 Posts
Are those shocks the same p/n you guys use for a 3.5" 4dr spring? Im trying to find compressed and collapsed numbers for the shock that comes with the game changer lite.

·
Vendor
121 Posts
Are those shocks the same p/n you guys use for a 3.5" 4dr spring? Im trying to find compressed and collapsed numbers for the shock that comes with the game changer lite.
Yes the shock measurements that are listed about are for the ones that we use on the JK kits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts