JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided the JK would be worthy and I'm modifying vex2.. KIDDING!:laughing:

So I'm replacing my springs and shocks without lifting. I'm getting custom springs built that are significantly stiffer and built to handle the load of the steel bumpers, winch, yada yada.

Where I find myself without many options is replacing the shocks. I see Rancho 9000xl and Superlift Superrides. Everything else I look at I can only find for lifted Jeeps.(fox, king, blistein, etc)

I assume I should go for the ranchos? Other alternatives I'm not seeing?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Dude, if you are going through the effort, might as well do the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100 shocks. You will get an improved ride as well as more ground clearance. Very affordable too. And no air compressor needed.
It will leave you set up for bigger rubber when you (and your budget) are ready.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, if you are going through the effort, might as well do the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100 shocks. You will get an improved ride as well as more ground clearance. Very affordable too. And no air compressor needed.
It will leave you set up for bigger rubber when you (and your budget) are ready.
Appreciate the thought, but no plans to lift. No desire to futz with it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh...and not to mention when I measured the garage door opening I'd have to build a new garage or modify the roof rack to pull in if I lift it. Hence, no interest. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason had an interesting suggestion - anyone running custom RK shocks? or RK shocks in general?

"We can look at the shocks from RK"..."I can send them the specs on your springs and they should be able to custome valve us a set"..."They are not adjustable on the fly though but would be built for your springs."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts