JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some soft riding shocks that wont jar the teeth out of my head.
I have a 6" teraflex long arm but rough country shocks and the ride is rough both on and off road really rough. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
210 Posts
can't say i've used any others, but teraflex 9550's have a nice ride for me. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't go wrong with bilstein 5100, or wait for rock krawler to come out with their shocks. If you want to spend alot of money you can go with king.
Mixed reviews on those 5100's but im sure they would be an upgrade

Kings:shaking: Id just get coilovers for that kind of money

can't say i've used any others, but teraflex 9550's have a nice ride for me. :)
Ive talked to one person who has used both the rough country and teraflex shocks he said he couldnt really tell a difference between the two

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mixed reviews on those 5100's but im sure they would be an upgrade

Kings:shaking: Id just get coilovers for that kind of money

Ive talked to one person who has used both the rough country and teraflex shocks he said he couldnt really tell a difference between the two
A buddy of mine has the 5100's and they ride very good on and offroad. Almost on level with my OME LT shocks.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have used both and can assure you that they are the complete opposite. The RCs are very stiff, poor quality, and fade very fast. The Teraflex are very soft (softest hydros Ive ever used), perform fantastic in the rocks, and are great quality for the price. The TF shocks were way too soft for playing in the dunes and high speed dirt road running and would bottom-out a lot, so thats why I gave those away and went with FOX shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts