JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ship a soft top?
Which company would I use? UPS, FedEx, USPS...
How would I pack it?
I have my unlimited soft top for sale and I wouldn't mind shipping it to a fellow Jeeper but I'm not sure of the best way or what it would cost.

Not sure where this belongs. If need be, you can move it to the proper section.

Thanks, Monique.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Not 100% sure on this for everyone, but in my experience, when shipping big stuff, FedEx is usually cheaper. When I went to ship a spare tire cross-country, UPS wanted me to put it in a box, when I then went to FedEx, they took it as-is and were significantly cheaper to ship.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 100% sure on this for everyone, but in my experience, when shipping big stuff, FedEx is usually cheaper. When I went to ship a spare tire cross-country, UPS wanted me to put it in a box, when I then went to FedEx, they took it as-is and were significantly cheaper to ship.

Just my $.02
I just take the top there and have them package it?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I just take the top there and have them package it?
Or go to a shipping outlet/ box store. Whichever is more convenient. I also vote for Fed-X as they "seem" to take a little better care of packages, compared to UPS.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The cheapest hands down should be USPS, they are also the slowest. They can also handle a soft top with no problem, the ORH soft tops ship from Canada to the states via USPS.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
be ready to pay, I shipped a Trektop from socal to chico (norcal) and it was 90 bucks from fedex, ups wanted 127 and usps was 87.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If I'm having something shipped from the US to Canada, I always prefer USPS, as they are the cheapest as far as customs is concerned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts