JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 JKU

After completing the S60 MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFT LEVER Recall the shift lever has a severe shake when going over any bump in the road. @ 30 miles per hour i would call it Violent. I get that it may be a JEEP thing.. But it didn't do this prior to the Recall. anyone else experiencing this?

I would post the video, but this forum won't allow it until i have more posts.
Cut and paste link to view.. please
youtube.com/watch?v=h91RkGOrvkQ

·
Registered
378 Posts
2016 JKU

After completing the S60 MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFT LEVER Recall the shift lever has a severe shake when going over any bump in the road. @ 30 miles per hour i would call it Violent. I get that it may be a JEEP thing.. But it didn't do this prior to the Recall. anyone else experiencing this?

I would post the video, but this forum won't allow it until i have more posts.
Cut and paste link to view.. please
youtube.com/watch?v=h91RkGOrvkQ
I've driven over some silly in my day, and none of mine jumped like that..lol. That's not a Jeep thing...that's a heap thing. Bring it back, show em the video, and dare them to take a Jeep from the lot on the same stretch of road..lol

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2016 and mine has always done that. I usually hold onto the shifter while driving so it doesn't shake as bad. I modified my lever by welding a threaded portion to the end. I now have a 1lb shift knob. Dealer denied the recall fix because i modified the shifter. I think its just because the shifter is so long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your thoughts. I've had 2 different service departments look at it, Nothing found wrong. On to the 3rd i guess.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mine did the same, it was horrible. When I flat belling my Jeep with a new cross member and bushing it went away. I'd consider replacing the trans mount bushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts