JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been away for a while. Work has been crazy and I have been farting around on some of my other projects. Heck I have barely been online in quite some time. But now it's time to actually get in some R&R. This time of year we usually go to Moab but this year will be different, we are heading into the desert southwest with no formal agenda other than to see the Escalante staircase and my sister in Tucson. Other than that we will be camping along the way and shakeing down the trailer for it's maiden (finally) voyage.

I still haven't done all the electrical work I want to do nor have I relocated the 2 batteries in the JK and added in the trailer brake system. But it's good enough for a nice vacation.

So here is some pics of the whole she-bang.

You can see one of my other projects in the background, a 22x40 trailer parking garage.

I have one extra large outback cooler in the trailer that holds ice for 15 days at 100* plus a regular ice chest in the back of the JK for fluids or day trips. I have 30 gallons of water and 10 spare gallons of gasoline. There is a 11lbs propane tank to run the stove, lamps and maybe a heater down the road. I have 8 fullsized tires on board or a complete replacement set for the JK if needed. The trailer has 3 jacks so I can completly lift the trailer up to replace tires.

I still need to install the inverter so I can run a laptop or better yet a blender.

I hope to be making a trek next year with this set up to Alaska and then maybe one expedition into South America.

Oh well that's what I have been doing. Now I need to go get some last minute supplies then I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

I can't wait to test it all aout.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a few of those utility jugs, they are pretty nice.

·
14ers
479 Posts
Killer, dude! Jealous, jealous...
I know what you mean about too many projects. Keep up the good work! Tread lightly!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you going to charge the battery for the inverter from the alternator ? Or are you going to use the batteries in the Jeep with an isolator ? If you run a 7 wire harness to the trailer you can pull 12 volts to charge from the car systems. If you haven't decide on a battery I'd recommend an "AGM", I like Lifeline batteries. The nice thing about "AGM" batteries is that they are designed for a 100% duty cycle. You can take them all the way down and bring them back. It was one of the requirements that Uncle Sam had when they went to the batt. companies for the design and manufacture of them.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!

I'll promise not to be much of a stranger anymore. I have killed off one business and started 2 more but they should work themselves for the most part. I will probably be on the trails a lot this year when I'm not in court for some legal battles arizing from a past business relationship.

I plan on doing a lot of exploring type camp outs in Nevada and Nor-Cal and maybe toss in a couple of Utah's and Oregon's. Most of these will be geared around just having some fun on some easier roads/trails to get to unique places then camping out and relaxing. Hopefully out of cellular range. :smokin:

I'll still be doing a couple Rubicon runs and Fordyce as well so let's get together and do some wheeling!

:blender:

On the battery systems, I will have two batteries in the JK and 2 batteries in the trailer. I am using a Hell Roaring system for charging off the alternator as well as trickle charging off of some soft fold up solar panels. ;) I'll look at the AGM batteries as I have some lying about to use but haven't actually purchased new batteries yet for the system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts