JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the JK out for the first time today and everything went pretty well. I didn't snap any pics because I didn't have a camera with me, but I will throw a few things out that happened. First off I was very impressed at how well the Jeep performed. Climbed some pretty steep/uneven terrain along the Hunter Lake Trail (Reno,NV). Nothing too bad, but had to throw on the lockers once. Anyone else having a problem with having to try everything twice? What I mean is when I throw down the disconnects it will keep flashing for a good while and really not do anything (I am pretty patient so I am talkin a couple of good minutes here....). Then I just hit the switch again so all activity is stopped. When I hit the switch to turn it back on (2nd try or 3rd button press) the sway bar releases almost instantly. Pretty quirky? The lockers didn't give me as much trouble, but still found myself having to do the process over a time or two. I was following all of the procedures outlined in the manual, but things still acted up. During the shake down I also some how knocked the shock tower loose and had to tighten it up when I found out what was making the racket. It wasn't that loose... sure was annoying as hell though. Alright alright I wont take all the credit I ended up calling the dealer and going down there to see what all the metal clanking around was about. I was convinced it was the E disconnects since they were fussy anyways. Took one of the service guys and I an hour and a half to figure out that it was just a loose shock tower :confused: . I felt pretty dumb after that. Anyways... just seeing if anyone else has had any electronic fusses like these and if they have figured out any tips/tricks?

-Living Still

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Definitely tested out the JK at Eldorado with MichaelW and a few guys from Reno4x4. The shock mount rattle was due to the lack of a plastic isolator/spacer between the nut and the mount. The electronics are still fussy on activating the sway bar. I will have to get to the bottom of this as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts