JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well after some miscommunication, I finally got my tube fenders installed. Fronts went on without a problem. The rears gave me a little trouble, but it wasn't something that couldn't be figured out. Overall I am very happy with the look. They appear to be very strong. I have no trouble standing on them to get to my roof rack. I think they will hold up to most anything.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks good, but would look better if you painted the inner fenders black and installed larger tires. What are the holes in the rear fender just in front of the fender?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are 35's. The holes are from the original fenders

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a 2.5 skyjacker with 1 bl.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I like the flat fender look! I think the Shaffer's would have looked much better if they fit the contour of the original flares.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The fronts look pretty good. The rears look like they were made for another model, and bolted on to a JK. Not feelin' those...

·
Registered
172 Posts
The fronts look pretty good. The rears look like they were made for another model, and bolted on to a JK. Not feelin' those...
X2 Don't like the rears at all.

Do the fronts tie into the sub frame or just bolt to the sheet metal?

X3, after looking at them, i dont really like how they look either. They dont seem to fit as well as the set on my JK. We are going to make a few changes to them, so they will look alot better:grinpimp: After we get caught up on some orders, we will send out a new and improved set to igofshn:smokin:

A

·
0 Posts
X3, after looking at them, i dont really like how they look either. They dont seem to fit as well as the set on my JK. We are going to make a few changes to them, so they will look alot better:grinpimp: After we get caught up on some orders, we will send out a new and improved set to igofshn:smokin:
They need to follow the OEM lines and cover the holes. I notice the same issue at the front too.

How wide are they?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Generous offer Mike!

I agree that blacking out the underneath and inside will help a lot.

There isn't a straight line anywhere on a JK. The fenders are tricky with the angles, arcs and bends on the JK body. Short of cutting the existing fenders or making a perfect 3-d body match (tough and/or expensive) there will be gap on just about any bolt on aftermarket fender.

I've pulled and pushed on Mike's fenders and they are pretty solid on the mounting.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thats a real good thing to read. I like the looks of the fronts, but the rears are all wrong. Having a manufacturer own up to a sub-par product and make good to the customer, well sir, that says a lot. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Generous offer Mike!

I agree that blacking out the underneath and inside will help a lot.

There isn't a straight line anywhere on a JK. The fenders are tricky with the angles, arcs and bends on the JK body. Short of cutting the existing fenders or making a perfect 3-d body match (tough and/or expensive) there will be gap on just about any bolt on aftermarket fender.

I've pulled and pushed on Mike's fenders and they are pretty solid on the mounting.
Michael,
Give me a call when you have time, i have some parts we are looking in to building and i would like to see if its some thing you would be up for testing for us.

Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts