JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgive me im new to the JK's, but for 35's what is the ideal gear ratio for
2011 4spd auto unlimited and 35's? id like to keep highway/road manners/gas 'mileage' as good as i can. This leads me to another question...

Do we have any tire recommendations for 90% road 10% trail. It needs to be great in snow/rain and wear very well.
I was thinking like toyo open country, goodyear duratracs, super swamper m16big horns etc. mostly seeing highway miles and lightweight, but not something id have to be afraid to get muddy either. loudness doesnt matter at all to me.

id like to change out my rims but am considering painting and keeping them on just to save some $. what size 35 and 33 would you guys recommend for 17" stock rims? On the other hand if i did change rims what backspacing and width would be best?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its pretty funny comming from Tj's. seemed like with those you did things in simple stages but with a jk its like stage one =37's. lol
37's sound tempting but im going to try and keep this Jeep realistic and minimal down time along the way. 35's are gonna be biggest i run for a long time unless gas prices drop back to a buck a gallon. (remember those days!?)
any input on rim sizes/backspacing?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like tires that stick out a bit further. there arent really any laws, at least that get enforced to any extent, here in eastern kentucky. :)
a friend of mine has ran fenderless for the longest time...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.