JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: :nuke: Best video write up yet. You Kickass Doc. Gonna pickup some starter fluid asap. :beer:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
thanks for doing this. ive always heard of people doing this but never saw it done or knew exactly how to do it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Good watch.
Everybody loves fire?

Are you sure?
I use a wrench on my beadlocks... it also works.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Damnit...need to find a spare rim that isn't bent...I wanna try that. And Doc, your swearing provided for 8 minutes of informing entertainment

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have always had more luck with spraying the starter fluid on the inside of the tire, rather than around the bead. Good Job!

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good watch.
Everybody loves fire?

Are you sure?
I use a wrench on my beadlocks... it also works.
It tells the time

I have double beadlock/HMMWV rims on the JK but I am just running bare 16.5's on the trailer. That was the trailers tire

·
Registered
561 Posts
I watched a drunk old timer try to tech me this when I was like 14yo, and I swear to god, the 33" tire elivated approx 8-10' off the pavement! I laughed my ass off, he set his pants on fire too:laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I watched a drunk old timer try to tech me this when I was like 14yo, and I swear to god, the 33" tire elivated approx 8-10' off the pavement! I laughed my ass off, he set his pants on fire too:laughing:
ya, something with a good safety bead (the bump on the rim) and placing it right on the ground will jump them in the air real good :grinpimp:

But dangerous !! dont do it :shaking: DANGER DANGER !!!! kittens will die !!!

:laughing:

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
"Smack fire with bare hand when frustrated." Check. :smokin:

Awesome vid/ how-to as usual, doc. :beer:

(That was almost G-rated compared to the others.) :)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Cool video....I saw this on tv years ago on a documentary for some expedition in the South Pole(?).

Question.....Do you have any eyebrows now though?

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
Nice video. "everybody loves fire" lol

I've seen my dad do this a few times when changing tires at home but it's been years. Thanks for the refresher.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Ether works good for this! Just spray it in and toss the match.
Yep, used to do this all of the time when I was a heavy equipment mechanic. Only way to really get beads seated those big tires.

That dude needs to learn how to toss matches and skip the lighter.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have always had more luck with spraying the starter fluid on the inside of the tire, rather than around the bead. Good Job!
That might pf helped ^

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Doc does Monty Python:

"Wait for it.......Damnit!"

Great video. :beer:

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That might pf helped ^
ummm..I WAS spraying inside the tire. I was spraying into the gap between the rims and tire. :grinpimp:

What "helped" was flipping the tire over. It could not jump the huge gap on that one side. first time I flipped the tire over it set just fine.
Those are some like 10" wide rims, they sucked ass to get the bead to set on all the rims. Setting it on like a 8" rim is easy, most times you can do it just by laying on the tire.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts