JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week everytime I turn left the ABS, ESP and traction lights come on with a dong and the stay on for about 2-3 min then go off. It only happens when I turn left and will go off after driving straight for a short while.

Not sure if this is something I need to run to the shop for or if it will just clear itself. I have not done any wheeling this last 6 months and I have 4" lift with 35's if that makes a difference.

I think it is just a wiring glitch but I was wondering if any one else has experienced this as well?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
What you describe is almost always caused by not accurately straightening the steering wheel after a lift install.

It may be a recently bent part if it just started, assuming your lift has been on for a while.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I turned right and found a sweet spot where I could accelerate between the brake dance, then I heard the chime and the brake dance stopped... the lights stayed on but, I could go around any corner without the dance... :laughing:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Check the wiring to each ABS sensor. It may be streched and when you turn and the wire pulls to the point of disconnecting. My guess would be right front.

The rears can be pinched in the suspension and if the body roll permits the same can happen.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Possible, but every one of these I've helped fix was caused by either the steering wheel not being properly centered, or more often, that plus the axles weren't properly centered under the frame.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just incase anyone was wondering, never had the breke dance issue just the lights...

Thanks fer all the help guys, I never go to the dealer anymore I just post here!!:beer:

·
Registered
50 Posts
had the same thing happen to me. turned out it was a hub, dealership was nice and replaced both due to oversized (35x12.50) tires. Then they got bought out by a another shitty dealership and if your jeep is lifted and you bring it in they void the warranty on the spot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was the wheel sensor and wiring that was pooched....wiring was too tight and rubbed raw buy the ball joint nut and was shorting out until the sensor finally failed....warranty:koolaid:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.