JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to sell my CJ but have been thinking it may be time to let it go. I've had 2 other jeeps other than the 2 I have now. I've regretted selling them at the time but I think I'll regret selling this one more. I have lots of time in it. Any advice?

Attachments

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
What's motivating the sale? Do you really need the cash? If so, let er go.
If you need space or something like that, you can sell it to me for a doollar with the promise that I'll only charge you $2 to get it back.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't need the money, don't need the space. It stays in the garage (with my 6 doors). I was holding on to it to give to my son. He's 13 now. I've been rethinking giving it to him. It's unsafe and gets 9 MPG. Not really a teenager's daily driver. My latest thought is to save some for a car in 3 years and put the rest into my JK.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Give it to your son. Keep it in the family and let him make his own memories with it just as you did. He will love that CJ just like you and will remember where it came from. :beer:If it is unsafe then make it a little safer. If it gets crappy gas milage tell him to get a better job. :) But either way I vote for give him the CJ.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Give it to your son. Keep it in the family and let him make his own memories with it just as you did. He will love that CJ just like you and will remember where it came from. :beer:If it is unsafe then make it a little safer. If it gets crappy gas milage tell him to get a better job. :) But either way I vote for give him the CJ.
Good advice, give it to your son. That's what I did with my YJ. Nice CJ by the way.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Unless you absolutely need money or space, DON'T sell it.

I sold off my YJ and CJ and regret both.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
jut hold onto it and give it to your son when he is a little older. let him get his own YJ or XJ (affordable) so he can get some experience wheelin and f'n up a vehicle that is not as important. There are a couple cars and one boat I wish my dad kept from my childhood but no such luck. Now I am hoping to keep my JK for a long time and pass it down to my youngest son who is now 8.

CJ's are getting rarer by the year...I vote hold onto it

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you don't need money or space, like you and others have mentioned, keep it and hand it down to your son. That would be the best hand-me-down ever.
But, I do agree on getting him another affordable Jeep that he can tear up instead of that beautiful CJ. To be honest, from a teen, it's fun to tear shit up.
Especially now that I have a Jeep I think I can go anywhere >:) lol

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
this is what happened to my parents with the YJ. They ended up sitting down with a buyer, even though I begged them for it. I offered to pay whatever the buyer offered as well. My mom didnt care, told my stepdad it had to go. Well, the buyer fell through, I made my case, and my first jeep was that 94 YJ.

Skip a step and give it to him. He at least has someone good to learn from on how to be safe(er) in it. and worse comes to worse, if gas prices really do start getting really out of control or he's not responsible with it, you can sell it then. always easier to get rid of it than get it back (even in this economy - ^^^case in point).

·
Registered
330 Posts
I can't imagine ever selling my CJ and the one you have is quite nice. Keep It.
When the boy saves up enough to buy a car give it to him.Then he has a car and a Jeep as well as the appreciation for earning it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.