JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I either get 'hey man I like that' or 'that's your new car?!?!, it's ugly'

Anyway, I love it so far.

Any tips on what forums are good so I can learn more about some of the goodies on it? I don't want to get on the JKF of mustang forums!

And here is a list of goodies

Vandy

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Oh my....that thing is gorgeous. That interior is unreal!

I had a 92 LX 5.0 in high school that had similar modifications. It had Trick Flow heads, GT40 Upper and Lower, Motorsport E cam, Tremec, ect, ect. I still don't know how my dad trusted me so much at 17. LOL

I sold it and a couple of years later got a phone call from an impound lot asking me to come pick up my Ford Mustang. I just went along with it and said OK! The guy who bought it never transferred the title and got into some trouble and it was impounded. It was in bad, bad shape and it broke my heart.

Sorry for the ramble. I love the new ride!

Did you trade the R1 for that?

Marcus

· JKO Dickhead
3,526 Posts
The ONLY mustang body I like ! ...

My dad has a Utah highway patrol fully marked LX notch he is contemplating selling...

Congrats on the new ride

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
I agree with shit canning the Cobra emblems, too passé... The wheels, I would have them black candy'd and cleared to give them a black chrome look or just gloss black PC. The polished look isn't working on such a dark horse... I like it a lot, my Dad still has his 90 convertible limited edition 7up Fox. He needs to give it some TLC though, the seats and top need to be updated, the stupid Saleen picnic bench spoiler needs to go, but otherwise i'd drive the shit outof it. His mods are Racecraft suspension components, JBA shorty's, KNN CAI, flowmaster S40's with X pipe, and larger exhaust. It was a fun car to drive when it wasn't across country.

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. i did notice the 5.0 emblem gone, but i've been looking for one that's not chopped up for so long that i'm immune to some of the little stuff lol. was hard trying to find one without a supercharger or turbo or cage or with flames painted or euro taillights and fuzzy dice...you get my point. it does have nitrous though and its a wet system or i'd probably just make the purge come out the snake...no idea why i always loved that.

and i'd love to put some charcoal/grayish FR500 wheels on it...chrome don't get ya home right. but i may wait til it's time for tires as i'm already rubbing up front....annnnnd i also may wait when my wife is not watching lol. i told her i would try not to make this one like the jeep...as far as always wanting that next mod.

and Marcus, nah man i have not traded/sold the R1 yet but i need to. its setting on a battery tender being neglected. its simply too cold for me to ride right now(yeah i'm a wuss)

· Registered
13,219 Posts
You have to assume just about any Fox body has been beaten to shit.. I would especially expect one to be from a guy who put a possie in this car and a nitrous kit.."only hit twice"...mmhm, yea right, and 175hp "shot" is effing huge for an engine that they guy seems to know nothing about...well he does know it has a "lumpy cam" in it. A "306" bottom end means nothing other than it was bored at some point, no mention of pistons, what rods, what crankshaft...a bit important when talking about a 175hp shot of nitrous.

It says "and now for the bad"..what's the bad?

I love the notchbacks, pretty cool little cars. I had a '87 GT Hatchback 5spd for a brief period. Pretty fast, awesome aftermarket support, but they're overall not very "special" if you're looking for a muscle car that has some style to it.

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya Goody. I had a 93 GT and my buddies all had mustangs. We all hated the LX, especially the notchback. And over time, they just grew on me and I would get boners when I would hear a 5.0 with flow masters and turn downs in the distance. These are tough to find without a lot a major mods. And no way did I believe he only shot it twice!! This owner had it for the last 10 years and said its now a 90-95hp shot

The bad part was it had a deer incident(or the driver couldn't handle it lol) and also had the hood fly up and over causing roof damage. It has bondo on the roof and the paint and trim are not perfect by any means. But the interior is real nice for a 21yr old and it runs and shifts great. For now, until I learn myself some stuff, the nitrous switch stays in the off position

Vandy

· Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Steeda Autosports did a lot of work to my old race car. They still hold records from when Boris Said used to drive for them. They have been around for a long time working with Ford. Dario mother I Believe used to date or something Carol Shelby. Something like that. Anyways. Mine was a road race car. They do a lot of quarter mile stuff too.
My car before it was decal'ed up.

Attachments

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice lookin car firetrail! 5.0 or 4.6?

And you guys think the ole 5.0 badge belongs where the cobra badge is? I guess that cobra is kinda like putting rubicon stickers on my sport huh!

Vandy

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Nice lookin car firetrail! 5.0 or 4.6?

And you guys think the ole 5.0 badge belongs where the cobra badge is? I guess that cobra is kinda like putting rubicon stickers on my sport huh!

Vandy
Maybe do a black 5.0 badge with a red . on it.

I want a Calypso Green coupe. One day!

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe do a black 5.0 badge with a red . on it.

I want a Calypso Green coupe. One day!
ok, that one is plain badass. just add AC and a heater core and GO!!

I've been looking at em awhile now and that price really ain't too bad. and i LOVE the bullitt wheels on em and think if i don't go FR500 that it'll be my wheel

and i've never seen a black 5.0 badge, i kinda like it. first 2 things i've gotta do is a badge and new un-scrumpy looking headlights...they are yellow as shit!

· V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.