JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so I’ve got an automatic 2013 2 door sport and I’m looking to start my build.. it’s my daily driver and sees some moderate wheeling about 2-3 times a month (sand dunes, mountain sides and desert trails) . It will be a somewhat budget friendly build but at the same time I don’t want to cheap out and hate what I buy, and no spacer lift. My budget right now is about $1000 max for suspension but if I could stay under that'd be great. I currently have 285/70r17 bfg at and plan on moving up to 35’s and bumpers. A 2.5 – 3.5" suspension is the goal and from my researching I’m under the impression that a kit should include at minimum (coils, bump stops, longer shocks, extended brake lines/relocation brackets, swaybar end links, adj. front track bar and axle side rear track bar bracket) and optimally should have adjustable arms (front lowers and rear uppers).

My choices are:
DV8 3.5" Rock Runner
Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod
Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex
Rancho 3" Trail
Rancho 3" Sport
Rough Country 3.5"
Teraflex 2.5"

·
Registered
619 Posts
For a 2 Door I would go with 2 1/2 for 35's. Of the choices you gave I would go Rock Krawler Just because I know several guys on RK lifts and they are a good functional product.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Of those suspension choices, I would go RK Flex. Therefore you are at least getting the lower front control arms. Usually you can get a bundle and get shocks within the price range you are looking for.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I agree with the other guys. A Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System will be PERFECT for what you're trying to do and you'll be right around the budget.

Check out the package deals on our site and if you have any questions feel free to give me a shout or send a PM. I have built three two doors from mild to wild and can help you make a decision based on experience.

Welcome to JKO! Sweet Jeep!

Marcus

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
The only one on that list that I would immediately stop looking at is the Rough Country 3.5" one. Two of my friends have it, and both have experienced a lot of sag and the ride is brutal.

You usually hear a lot of good things about Teraflex, and I have several friends that are running RK suspensions and they love them. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those companies. Just do your research and figure out which one will give you the most bang for buck and get you what you're looking for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Throw out rancho and rough country. Both are complete crap. RC will need to be replaced in a year (mine didn't make it that long).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was leaning towards the rock krawler products, I was only second guessing them since I would still need to purchase bump stops and shocks which would put me over the budget.

Does anyone have any experience with the DV8 suspesion? I couldn't find anything on them other than their fender liners and bumpers

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
I was leaning towards the rock krawler products, I was only second guessing them since I would still need to purchase bump stops and shocks which would put me over the budget.
Get shock extensions until you can pick up some on sale or off the buy n sell. Because unless you're anal about the ride, odds are those should be fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get shock extensions until you can pick up some on sale or off the buy n sell. Because unless you're anal about the ride, odds are those should be fine.
Not too picky, I drive maybe 10 miles a day to and from work and it's all city driving

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
RK flex .. NR, KRAWL, AOR, RCO all sell RK lift packages which include shocks and stops.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts

Does anyone have any experience with the DV8 suspesion? I couldn't find anything on them other than their fender liners and bumpers
Do the Rock Krawler stock Mod with shocks and bumpstops and add the other parts later so you can stay in your budget right now, let me know I can put a package together for you

This is what a 2.5 Rock Krawler looks like on 37s and A LOT of bumpstop

https://www.instagram.com/p/4KGk-NOOr9/?taken-by=karnagemotorsports

I found a 2.5 Rock Krawler with 35s we did a while back as well, customer was really happy with it and he added the arms (Synergy) later and brake lines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/24t7D5uOja/?taken-by=karnagemotorsports

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty dead set on ordering the 2.5 Rock Krawler Flex but I keep gettting sidetracked by the 2.5 Rubicon Express, OME 2.5 and Rough Country 3.5 :suicide:

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have OME original shocks and their light load coils. It's ok, but definitely jarring in a few areas. I have all new control arms/trackbars (MetalCloak) and I do not relate the jarring to these items.

On my short list is new coils and shocks, either match coils with the rest of the suspension (MC) or RK triple rate.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
If/when I redo mine, I'm going to use the Rock Krawler kit. I have a JKU and I put the 2.5" springs on it. The ride is awesome, but the the rear springs are already compressing to the point where its visibly noticeable that the back is lower than the front. I installed them last year in March.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts