JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would share some others :D I have been doing some Duracoating and gun repairs on the side to try to put aside some cash for JK upgrades (bumpers/rails/whatever) And hopefully after the holidays I will be "self gifting" :devil:
The first is I went and converted a Romanian screw build that was MESSED UP into a weld build. when you build your own AKs you can screw then together, rivet them like the factory or weld them. Screw builds are easy but too many people halfarse them and give them a bad reputation. I should have took pics, the rear screws were so large they had to be notched for the dustcover and the trigger guard was held on with POP RIVETS and I was able to rip it off by hand LOL. The screws were only like 2-3 threads in and I would not even test fire it. The owner is VERY happy with it now. Then I went and converted my AMD-65 to a weld build and gave it some much needed love.
It was my very first AK build and its the one that fueled the 30+ AK builds after that...and the CETME builds and the FAL builds AND the gunsmithing....
It is the root of all that is evil :laughing:

I converted a CETME frond handguard to work with it and made a front picatinny mount from scott from rockstomper.com on pirate4x4 who makes steel ones for me. Ever price STEEL picatinny rail blanks ?!?!
He makes 1' lengths for 1/3 of the going price.

But here are some pics of the "Zombie Camo" in Desert Beige, Woodland Tan, WWII OD green and black Duracoat. Its a little more labor intensive than it looks. The top is done in beige faded to tan, then OD green is swirled and patterned over and THEN finaly the skulls are done. It is designed to actually work as camo but still be very different.

The optic did not get coated as I am waiting on a new mount.

The Romanian build I did for the guy is in the same exact finish.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next is my personal CCW piece. I figured it needed some love :D that and being as I carry it every day I needed a pattern that would hide dings, scrapes and holster wear. its done in 2 color (tan/OD green) and black.

This is a SIG 226 police turn in. You can get them for CHEAP as they were carried a lot but fired little :grinpimp: This is Misfitcj from pirate's gun. He said to have fun with it.

This was a pattern that the guy with the AK wanted. I did not care for it but he was very happy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very nice work...especially the last set of handguns...brings me back to my military days!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look's great! For some reason it put's me in mind of the random AR 15 we get in our shop that won't fire because some fool filed down the pin.

Then they deny filing down the pin and say that's not what they were doing...

Anyhow, very nice work.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seth over here in our shipping dept. says your guns kick ass. He wanted to post a pic of his truck , check it....
ooooh ya :devil: looks pimptacular

Hey JR we still have to do your slide do we not?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look's great! For some reason it put's me in mind of the random AR 15 we get in our shop that won't fire because some fool filed down the pin.

Then they deny filing down the pin and say that's not what they were doing...

Anyhow, very nice work.
what the hell were they trying to achieve? full auto?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I changed my mind, I think you should duracoat my glock like this...

Just kidding. We do need to get rolling on that though. I'm gonna go to a basic handgun course at OFA in April, so it'd be nice to have it back here by then.

I LOVE that!!! I would just add a small red heart in the corner- just like I did ( to hubbos dismay ) to my LOD bumper :D
Actually USMC DOC your gun looks really nice....now if I could just do that to my 9mm millenium in a pinkish color it would be wayyy cool.....:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
I LOVE that!!! I would just add a small red heart in the corner- just like I did ( to hubbos dismay ) to my LOD bumper :D
Actually USMC DOC your gun looks really nice....now if I could just do that to my 9mm millenium in a pinkish color it would be wayyy cool.....:D
I'd be willing to bet you could get doc to do a coat in pink like that...I kinda doubt he's got pink in stock though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts