JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Added a second battery and everything went well but I am second guessing myself now because I've seen some images of what others have done. More or less looks like most are wired parallel with an isolator between the +.

I ran the - of the aux to the same dedicated grounding point on the frame rather then - directly to -. Net result is the - is ~ 18 inches longer then the +. It' has been working fine but wondering is there a reason not to do this other then the added expense for the longer welding strap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To try to keep the number of items to a minimum on the first/factory ground. Ultimately, my thought was it's all grounded to the frame and I'd like to keep what I've done independent of factory if at all possible. Chances are, if something is going to be a problem it's going to be something I did. Call me paranoid.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Umm why did you run another ground?

Message spread by Paul Revere
more current requires more ground. :D And the factory ground sucks for anything other than stock, same with the factory charging wire off the alternator.

Its a complete loop, match all ends of your charging system from start to end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.