JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory seats in my X yet, they're just the base seats yet, not the more expensive ones with the YES fabric. Anyways, I've noticed that the "netting" like material over the center section of the bottom seat cushion is starting to fray. Is this happening to anyone else? Maybe my ass is just to fat for it?:)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have the factory seats in my X yet, they're just the base seats yet, not the more expensive ones with the YES fabric. Anyways, I've noticed that the "netting" like material over the center section of the bottom seat cushion is starting to fray. Is this happening to anyone else? Maybe my ass is just to fat for it?:)
Can you post a pic...?

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I had a damn mouse eat my rear seat...pissed me off big time. I gotta find out what new fabric is gonna cost me.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Do you wear pants or shorts that have velcro rear pockets?

Sounds like a silly question but I noticed mine strted to fray a little bit and I realized it was from the velcro on the rear pockets.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
...so, loose weight, buy a mouse trap, and throw away your velcro shorts...This thread is becoming funny...:laughing2: Sorry, I know my input isnt helping.:shaking:

I do wonder though...if none of the above are the problem...Would "warranty" possibly come into play. Maybe take it to dealership and see what they say. I mean...if they cant prove that you actually caused it, or if there is an obvious defect in the stitching, then...maybe? Although, good freakin luck with that.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Do you wear pants or shorts that have velcro rear pockets?

Sounds like a silly question but I noticed mine strted to fray a little bit and I realized it was from the velcro on the rear pockets.
thats how mine is from all my cargo shorts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know I didn't even think of that. All I've worn all summer since I got the jeep is cargo shorts that have velcro on the rear pockets. Thats probably what it is. I'll take it to the dealer though and see if they will do anything about it. I'll see what I can do about posting some pics after work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts