JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im in a bit of a predicament. Both my driver and passenger seatbelt have locked up on me. Like the inertia retract that happens in an accident. But even when stopped the belt is locked. So a trip to Warnock Jeep and $65 dollars later they quoted me over $600 for parts and labor. (I purchased my Jeep used from an audi dealer so I have no warranty ) so after freaking out I decided to look for replacements myself. I really like the Corbeau harnesses but I can't figure out how they would mount. I don't want to replace my seats just to get these harnesses because then I would be spending more than $900 for driver and passenger. Any advice on how I could mount the Corbeau's or a place that I can get the stock mopar belt for under $150 each?

Thanks a bunch,
your friendly neighborhood moose

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
1) Which corbeau harnesses. At minimum you need a harness bar. If you are talking about the retractable, they will need a bar as well and also need to be mounted so the belt runs at ~20* from the back of the seat.

2) Haven't some people been able to free them up? It's fairly common for mud/water to lock them up.

3) Just because you bought it from Audi doesn't mean you don't have a warranty. If you are outside of the 3yr/36k, then that is why you don't have a warranty.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I thought seat belts/ air bags carried a 8 year plus warranty since they were a safety item mandated by the FED ? I could be wrong tho i know my '08 passenger seat belt did that all the time my wife always got stuck if she moved to grab something.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Define "locked up". Will they move at all? Or is it just that they will pull out, but won't retract?

I ask because there is a feature on modern vehicles where you can pull the strap all the way out, and then release it all the way back in, and then as you pull the belt out it'll "lock" into place. This feature is basically for children, but it can confuse adults if you don't know that feature is there. The owner's manual speaks of it..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Rubicon, only 43476 mile, appears mint, actually qualified for some factory warranty work.
Had it less than 48 hours, went to take my husband for his first ride, the passenger seat belt would not pull out. After sticking my pinkie finger down in there and poking around, it suddenly worked, once. The thing wants to be poked prior to use each time. I have no clue if it was off-roading before I got it, but no serious off-road gear/skids, and is pristine, so I doubt it, therefore doubt mud build up.
At $150, I would like to try some cost effective things, buying it cramps my budget a bit.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,082 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Rubicon, only 43476 mile, appears mint, actually qualified for some factory warranty work.
Had it less than 48 hours, went to take my husband for his first ride, the passenger seat belt would not pull out. After sticking my pinkie finger down in there and poking around, it suddenly worked, once. The thing wants to be poked prior to use each time. I have no clue if it was off-roading before I got it, but no serious off-road gear/skids, and is pristine, so I doubt it, therefore doubt mud build up.
At $150, I would like to try some cost effective things, buying it cramps my budget a bit.
Shove an air nozzle down there and blow the shit out of it. Mine did that and it took 45 minutes to get it to unlock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.