JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my annual Fro trimming and my ass is cold on the drive to work.

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket seat heaters?

Any suggestions, experience, input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
So I had my annual Fro trimming and my ass is cold on the drive to work.

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket seat heaters?

Any suggestions, experience, input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary
Haha, I love ass heat!!! Will never own a seat without them! Just FYI, my understanding is that bleached hairs don't work as well as dark dyed hairs which act like heat sinks to keep you warmer...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I did a kit from eBay recently in mine. They were $45 shipped for both front seats, back and ass heaters, switches, relays, etc. I think they're up to $60 or so...they'll light you on fire within a few minutes of driving. I didn't take either cover all the way off and just fished it in there.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a kit from eBay recently in mine. They were $45 shipped for both front seats, back and ass heaters, switches, relays, etc. I think they're up to $60 or so...they'll light you on fire within a few minutes of driving. I didn't take either cover all the way off and just fished it in there.

Sweet! I've been looking and they all look about the same, carbon fiber, dual temp with a round illuminated switch. The best deal I found was on Amazon, $47.45 shipped with ass and back pads for both seats. I'm gonna pull the trigger.

Thanks for the info and no bleach here, all natural reddish/brown and gray. :thefinger:

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Goodie,

Just thought of something else. Where did you put your switches?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks, just ordered mine, carbon fiber, dual temp with a round illuminated switch on Amazon, $47.45 shipped with ass and back pads for both seats.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Sorry picture, but there. It was easy for me to tie the two circuits together and run one lead to a fused switched 12v circuit from here. Didn't have to take apart much other than popping out the lower dash panel and shifter boot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is the 47 dollar one a set? The amazon one I first saw was 80 a set
2 Seats Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kits 3 Years USA Warranty
Electronics
Sold by All American MotorSports
Condition: New

$47.45

·
Registered
475 Posts
that is a killer deal. wondering how difficult it would be to install in the rear seat of my 2 door.

·
Registered
506 Posts
2 Seats Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kits 3 Years USA Warranty
Electronics
Sold by All American MotorSports
Condition: New

$47.45
Just ordered a set for my jk! Figured it would keep the wife happy on winter trips! lol And I couldnt pass up the price.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my buddy has wet okole seat covers with the build in heater.....they work pretty good but the covers are pricey. Nice looking though

·
Registered
150 Posts
Goody, can you feel the pads through the seat cover or are the pretty thin? Did you just tap the 12v at the cig lighter? Thanks

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Goody, can you feel the pads through the seat cover or are the pretty thin? Did you just tap the 12v at the cig lighter? Thanks
Can't feel any of it under the seat.

I used the left cig lighter as a trigger for the seat heater relay. They'll pull about 8a for the pair on high and my CB already pulls off that circuit...so I gave them it's own circuit.

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the switch pics Goody. They look nice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I had been thinking about heaters and also pulled the trigger on the Amazon ones.

Goody- do those switches look sealed? The location is convenient, but stray coffee ooze worries me. I was thinking about somewhere on the center column or on my 12v guy panel.

R

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I had been thinking about heaters and also pulled the trigger on the Amazon ones.

Goody- do those switches look sealed? The location is convenient, but stray coffee ooze worries me. I was thinking about somewhere on the center column or on my 12v guy panel.

R
They aren't sealed and that would be a concern for some. I don't frequent cups in my holders other than cans or bottles, so I am not too worried about it. I also don't really leave the Jeep out topless to get rained on. Its a concern for someone that does either of those, but for simplicity and not spending much time on the install..it was a good spot.

I'm good with electrical, but I hate actually doing it. Faster = better, I can easily replace the switches later if I have to. :beer:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts