JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
What are your thoughts/experiences with seat covers.

Looking at coverking. Trying to decide on wet suit or the ballistic nylon / codura ones...
I got the smittybilt neoprene ones as it was a smoking deal. The only down side is if you have a dog that rides in the jeep a lot, the hair gets woven into the neoprene and is a huge pain to get out. At least for me it is.

The neoprene is also pretty warm on my back in the summer and makes me sweat all the time. Maybe the nylon ones would be better ? Just my .02

· Premium Member
3,871 Posts
If you are anything like me you will kill neoprene in less than a year, either by your CCW piece on your hip/back, the side when you get in/out or by general not give a fawk. I have sewn cordura patches in my suspension seats to fix that very problem.

· Premium Member
252 Posts
I wanted to check out Trek Armor so I got just the rear seats. They are the nicest seat covers I have seen. As soon as they finallize/release their backpack I'll be getting the fronts to match with backpacks on each. Also, having molle attachement points is nice if you like to be organized and/or don't want stuff flying around.

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
I wouldn't even consider the neoprene covers from CoverKing... unless you are very very easy on them and don't ever expose your interior to the elements. Mine are completely coming apart at the seams... stitching is coming undone badly in places.

FWIW- They aren't all that hot in the summer. I just don't like the quality.

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
another one to consider is Iggee. They are basically vinyl. Fit great, very easy to clean and keep clean and have been durable for me, had them on for over a year and half. But..they don't breath at all, very similar to neoprene but they wear better.

I just ordered trek armor's because I was tired of the summer back sweats. But if that is something that doesn't bother you, the Iggee's are great cover.

· Premium Member
250 Posts
Another vote for Trek Armor. Fit great, durable, and they clean up well. Also lack of swamp ass during the summer makes my love for them even greater.

· Registered
61 Posts
I bought my neoprene covers from CoverKing on ebay and only paid $269 shipped for front and back. I have had them for a year now and like them. Reasons: cost, look (see pics in profile), fit, comfort, easy to clean (haven't had them get wet yet but I do have a 4 year old so...) Now if I go and change them in a few years I will go with the Trek Armor. Like the Camo and they seem a little tougher. But they are more costly.

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Trek Armor makes the nicest ones out there.
X3, just switched from Wet Okole to TA. Much cooler on the ass. How do they hold up? Well I'll report on my one year experience in about 9 months. But my last 2 sets WO's needed to be replaced after 18 months due to fading (I run top off - doors off most of the year). They looked like shit by then. Not at all worn out but crapy looking! The TA's are not suposta fade so fast. Very tight fit. And great quality. Not low cost option:eek:

· Premium Member
1,399 Posts
My coverkings are splitting at the seams after a year and a half. Going with Trek Armor next, they seem to be the closest to the one's that Bestop makes for TJ's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.