JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took the top off for the first time. It was great! My only complant is the noise from the seat belts from the wind. What can be done about this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i believe some people have bought seat belt pads that are use to pad your shoulder but they put them on the bottom part to keep it from flapping so much.

·
Registered
792 Posts
All you need is a velcro tie. You can loop it around the plastic at the pillar and then around the seat belt. Cost a couple of bucks at home depot.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i believe some people have bought seat belt pads that are use to pad your shoulder but they put them on the bottom part to keep it from flapping so much.
Yep - I got some $4 seat belt pads at the local auto parts store that work great. And I've driven in many convertibles including TJs and YJs and never dealt with the annoying and consistent seat belt flap flap flap noise that I had in my JK. So :shaking: right back at ya! Some have also placed a twist in the belt. I tried this but didn't like how it seemed to put the belt in a position to wear more quickly. Get the seat belt pads - they're cheap will put an end to the seat belt flapping (so you can better hear the normal jeep wind noise!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts