JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Sears gift card for Christmas so off I went to pick up some tools at the after Christmas sale. Interesting that the sale price did not apply to "pre-paid gift cards". And Sears wonders why they are losing customers....:shaking:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Got a Sears gift card for Christmas so off I went to pick up some tools at the after Christmas sale. Interesting that the sale price did not apply to "pre-paid gift cards". And Sears wonders why they are losing customers....:shaking:
I have had that happen at several stores, sears included. Last time I was told that, I picked up the circular off the checkout register and read it in front of the cashier, then read the back of the gift card packaging in front of the casahier, both out loud and holding up the line. Told the cashier that niether said anything about a difference in price with gift cards and that I wanted to speak with a manager immediatley. Funny how suddenly the sale price applies. I think for most stores it is simply a tactic to upsale an item and they are hoping you wont question it. When you do they try to make you feel like they are doing you a favor. For the ones that actually post the information, well, you can allways choose to shop somewhere else or exchange your card with someone for a different card.

This is also a good example of why I only do the prepaid Visa cards now. Alot of stores will also charge a monthly maintenance fee, useage fee, etc on their "brand" cards. With the Visa cards you pay the $3-5 extra up front and the recipient gets the entire value of the card.

·
Administrator
882 Posts
I have never heard of this. I got a tool chest a few weeks ago and used a gift card to purchase no problem

The tool chest was 329.99 It was on sale for 229.99.

It was no tax day. So 229.99 total. I used a 70 dollar gift card. I paid rest on sears mastercard. I also used a coupon for additional 25 dollars in sears dollars. So I paid 159.99 total and they gave me 25 dollars in sears points.

Unless it works different up here than there. You should have no problems using a gift card for sale purchases.

Dwayn

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
First, that's just plain stupid on their part.

Second, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sear's would do well to lease smaller spaces and open a Craftsmen store without all of the rest of their stuff. They could include all of their tools/automotive/outdoor goods.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
No shit. My wife bought a GoPro off Sears.com for me. The asshats sent a Surf edition one instead of the motorsports one that she ordered. She didn't realize that it was a "third party vendor". We've been trying to return this thing since before Christmas. Sears' take on it is "we like to let out customers and the vendor sort it out themselves". If she had known it wasn't actually Sears that she was ordering from, she would have gone somewhere else. :shaking:

BTW, lot good use I'm going to get out of a Surf GoPro in Kansas. :mad:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have never heard of this. I got a tool chest a few weeks ago and used a gift card to purchase no problem

Unless it works different up here than there. You should have no problems using a gift card for sale purchases.

Dwayn
I think our Gift Card regulations are much different up here now. I don't know all the in's and out's of them but they work in the consumers favor in Canada.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
No shit. My wife bought a GoPro off Sears.com for me. The asshats sent a Surf edition one instead of the motorsports one that she ordered. She didn't realize that it was a "third party vendor". We've been trying to return this thing since before Christmas. Sears' take on it is "we like to let out customers and the vendor sort it out themselves". If she had known it wasn't actually Sears that she was ordering from, she would have gone somewhere else. :shaking:

BTW, lot good use I'm going to get out of a Surf GoPro in Kansas. :mad:
If it's unopened, try switching it with GoPro directly. They seem to be a pretty good company.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts

The tool chest was 329.99 It was on sale for 229.99.

It was no tax day. So 229.99 total. I used a 70 dollar gift card. I paid rest on sears mastercard. I also used a coupon for additional 25 dollars in sears dollars. So I paid 159.99 total and they gave me 25 dollars in sears points.

Dwayn
They were scared, they knew that you're an admin for one of the most well armed, crazy Jeep sites in the world and didn't want to test you... :thefinger:

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, it's right up there with Verizon thinking they were going to charge their customers 2 bucks a transaction for online bill payments a week ago. Out of their damn minds!:shaking:

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
Sears started losing my business when they gave me a terrible run around on a kenmore washer warranty issue. Couple of years later the next washer and dryer I bought was from Lowes

·
Registered
478 Posts
First, that's just plain stupid on their part.

Second, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sear's would do well to lease smaller spaces and open a Craftsmen store without all of the rest of their stuff. They could include all of their tools/automotive/outdoor goods.
Sahara and Durango (now a Smart and Final) was just the store you speak of. It was a GREAT store, I loved the place. Then what did Sears do, close it down.:shaking::shaking: I think at the time, there were 2 other stores like it in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Not to hi jack but I got a gift card from a customer on my route For christmas to roadhouse grill , so me and the wife went there at dinner I hand him the gift card and he tells me I can't use it till the first of the year I was so pissed but I get loud real quick and the wife don't like crazy me so I handed him my credit card now I don't know if I want to go back

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.