JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . . . Please Take A Moment To Read & Keep in mind that Sears sells Lands End--

Sears - Christmas shopping has already started

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up
reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hmmmm...OK....I haven't been in a Sears in years, but I'm sure I'll find something I could buy their...new washer maybe. Good post...and a salute to Sears.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks Krusty,
I always do as much shopping at Sears as I can because I grew up on them and their giant catalog. I worked as an auto mechanic at two different locations as a teenager and was always treated well, plus I got auto type tools 50% off. They closed one of the oldest Sears in Ca, Hollywood store and I was heartbroken because it was about a two minute drive from me, now I have to drive to Glendale, about 20 minutes away. Even though Sears is now owned by K-Mart I will always support them. Where else could I exchange tools?
Long Live Sears!

·
Premium Member
15,302 Posts
Thanks Krusty,
I always do as much shopping at Sears as I can because I grew up on them and their giant catalog.
Talk about bringing back the memories BG. I think I carried that catalog to bed every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas eve. I made some seriously long lists, and I'm sure, some fairly unreasonable wish lists. Thanks for sparking that memory. :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Talk about bringing back the memories BG. I think I carried that catalog to bed every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas eve. I made some seriously long lists, and I'm sure, some fairly unreasonable wish lists. Thanks for sparking that memory. :)
haha no problem. I'm sure I fell asleep many nights with that catalog next to me. Man, it had EVERYTHING you could ever want. I wish I still had one to to reminisce over. Good times. I miss being a kid sooo much, my Dad always made holidays so very special.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Im all in. Thats awsome.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Looks like I'll be doing some Christmas shopping @ Sears.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Sears

My Wife and I will hit them for some of our Chrismas Shopping this year! :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
O yeah.. i use to make the list with the page number and price.

Guess ill he shopping at Sears this Christmas

·
Premium Member
15,302 Posts
I bought a ratchet extension there today. Of course I needed it but could have waited on it. Just decided to get it today because of this thread. I have also bought a ton of other stuff there over the past several years. Feels good to support the troops in any way possible.

Thanks Krusty.:beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.