JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, but have looked to this forum for years for advice with my jeep. But I need some help for sure this time.
I have a set of 2008 SD axles (90% cleaned and prepped what a nightmare that was) I’m swapping into my JKUR. Looking to talk to someone on here that’s done the same for some advice on everything I need to get ordered. (I’ve started the process just need recommendations on some items). Going to run 42s on 5.38 gearing on my current suspension. RK 4.5” coils. Teraflex adjustable control arms (all 8) and I’ll be ordering new shocks once I get measurements.

I am aware of the gas tank dilemma (May swap in a tj tank because this winter I plan on triangulating the rear and going coilovers) Or may just take a BFH to the stock tank & skid for now.

Right now my plan is bolt in apex truss kits from artec (front and rear) just so I can get them in and my Jeep back on the road in a relatively timely fashion.

list of parts on the list so far (all artec stuff)
Apex truss front and rear
ABS/tone ring kit front and rear
Dodge wheel sensors for the front.
SD Steering kit
Reid high steer knuckle (passenger side)
Weld on high steer arm (drivers side)
Frame mount (outside) for front track bar

So my opinions I really need are:
-what gears/lockers (brand/type) I already have a dual ARB air compressor installed
-what’s a good site to use to get axle parts? Looking to fully rebuild front and rear, gears, seals, ball joints, lockouts, all the fun stuff.
-is it worth buying new axle shafts (Chromoly- rcv’s are out of the question) or should I just run the stock shafts for now.
-what am I forgetting? There’s gotta be like 200 things I’m sure. Lol

appreciate anyone who has read this far lol and for any input anyone has for me. All the reading I’ve done on this swap makes me realize why people spend 15k plus on fusion axles or other bolt in options 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here you go brother. This guy does a pretty comprehensive series of videos on the subject.

·
Registered
8 Posts
D44 is 1.3125" diam 30 spline , 10.5" is 1.5" diam 35 spline full float. Plenty strong enough.
Want bigger get a Dana 80 2"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts